readu to set my engine on fire!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtaylortank

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so as most of you know I put a picco .26maxx on my tmaxx... well it was really ice out today so I decided I would do a couple tanks before I went to work... well half a tank on the first tank it was going great!!! and then it stalled out and I went to restart it and the pull start come out (now mind you I didnt even overpull the cord at all it just let go literaly) so I come in and put my 3.3 pullstart on it and went back out well it pulled fine the first 2 or 3 times and then locked up (well I have broke in a few 3.3's and they are a bitch to pull some times) so I went to pull another time and yep its seized up and the pull start is stuck out... Mind you it is brand new bought from my lhs... I dont have a ride up there till maybe monday or tuesday so I was wondering if anyone else with these engines that might have encounterd this problem at all, if it can be fixxed or do I need to go get a replacement.. It was still at 155 degrees when I went to start it the second time so it wasn't like it was cold at all...

man that sucks!!! dont no about the piccos bud so can't help ya .

just remember water will put out a methanol fire. all ways have a water with you, and mark the container, so you dont put it in the engine.

Last edited:
Take the plug out. Warm it up with a hairdryer. Pull it over if you can.

how warm should I get it it was at 155 and wouldnt pull over

funny thing happend to me allmost same thing except traxxas 2.5 ok i go out run the truck it dies, out of fuel, i fill it try to pull it won't start , try a couple of more times and the string not recoiling all the way ok, that happens sometimes ,pull one last time the string stays out ,it won't move. my son says ("guess that motor loked up ")i take off the motor ,take off the pull start and the spring comes flying out .(motor not locked up) put on old pullstart give it 3 pulls the handle comes off and the string gets sucked into the case. so i put on easy start the prongs in it were bad .finally got it going today had to rig the easy start but shes runnin pretty good now .

Point is when poop happens it ain't never good .are you sure it's locked up and not just the pullstart or the owb.? I know long story for something you i'm sure allready thought of ,but dam was i mad ,had to vent ,hope your motor is not locked up .

Matt that is the reason I don't like pull start. When the PS gets jammed up it will seem like the whole engine is seized. Get a Savage 25 owb and roto backplate, forget about the pull start. I just went through the same thing with a 3.3 ps. I know it is a pita

You said " well it was really ice out today" and "Mind you it is brand new bought from my lhs".
How new exactly is it?
How much has it been run?
Did you properly break it in - or were you in the process of breaking it in?
What temp were you running it at? I see you mentioned 155, but I think it was when you were trying to restart it.

Picco engines can take a long time before they are fully broken in and lose some of that initial pinch.
Was it stuck at TDC when you were trying to restart it?
Did you try placing it at BDC before pulling?
Are you sure that you didn't hydolock it?

I'm also in Joey's camp when it comes to ditching the pullstart and replacing it with a rotostart.

Last edited:
sorry I meant nice but the "n" didnt pop up.. l.o.l. I am the first person to run it... only that initial half a tank is all that has been ran through it.. and yes I beleive it was at top when I was trying.. I think that was my problem maybe.. I took the screws out on the trx pull start and guess what it retracted.. piece of sh*t.. can't imagine why I went to a diferent company for engine... i guess I am going to try out the e-z start and see if I can save my fingers today on trying it again.... I am using trinity monster horsepower because instead of 16% oil it only has 12% and I have had real good luck with the trinity fuel batt's and just about any other product by them (so far) so how warm should I warm it up to with the hair dryer considering I have never had to do that part before???? I have already waited like 2 weeks before I could break it in and now I am still waiting oh wait I got a half a tank of idle time pretty much... and my other question is why did it start on first pull for its first ever start for me and now it hates me l.o.l.???

ok so I installed the traxxas e-z start system and I got through a hole tank , of course I am using a glow igniter instead of the blue wire, first touch of the button and fires right up.. imagine that!! I am glad I messed with it before going to the lhs and flipping out like I woulda done if I woulda went up on sat.. I am sooooo glad I waited and talked to all of you!!!

Back