RD logics pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insanemaxx25

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is the RD logics twin exhaust a good pipe for a stock t-maxx 2.5r.Is it a good performance pipe ?

I have heard that they dont do anything good for your rig.. lack of back pressure and stuff.

i heard you have to plug holes just to get your truck to run

Nope for the money I would just spend the little more and get the THS T-Maxx exhaust. It will work well all the from the 2.5 to the PiccoMaxx .26. They are a great exhaust and run well and sound decent too. The RDlogics looks cool but you will run like crap and have a hard time tuning. If I am going to spend money what I buy damn well better work.

I bought the ths exhaust kit from tower hobbies and its the one they say is for the t maxx and I'm new to the nitros and had to have a gear in the transmission replaced so I took it to my LHS and asked them to put the exhaust on as well and when I went to pick the truck up they told me the pipe didn't fit correctly. Any ideas why?

Which part number of the THS did you order? I never had problem with mine fitting correctly.

That is strange I have the same one but in chrome and it fit real easy. You have a picture of how you tried to set it up?

let me guess that spring wrapps around the engine to hold the exhaust on??? I dont like those setups... got a tower terror that has that setup.

I have never had a problem with the spring mount set up. There is a reason ALL the higher end engines and exhaust use it.....it is a safer set-up

I never tried to put it on the guy at my LHS did and when he said there was no way to make it fit I returned it. I had been into the nitro scene for less than a month at the time and had no idea how to work on my t maxx, still don't thats why it is sitting in my computer room instead of being fixed just don't have the time or the extra 100 bucks to have my hobby shop fix it right now.

The guy at you LHS is a doofus because they are simple to put on. If he can't figure out how to install that pipe he has no bussiness trying to fix people's stuff and get paid for it....period. I would learn how to do it yourself because that right there is a proof they have NO idea what they are doing. I would use them for parts but nothing else. Did you buy it from them or on-line? Did you take a loss on the pipe or you get all your money back. If you got it from them and they didn't give you back all your money they scammed you. That pipe is made for the truck.....takes a little adjustment but nothing major at all. It would take me 15-20 minutes tops.

i got all my money back. I'm considering taking a shot at taking it all apart because i have never got to actually have fun with my maxx. I mean yes i have had fun but I spend the whole time trying to chase a tune and never got to run it with the body on because it would over heat, and ever since I had the LHS put a front aluminum bulk head and reverse on my maxx it wont do wheelies anymore so I think I have a leak i the motor somewhere because i seem to be loosing performance. I asked the guy who did the work and he said it was because I put the RPM true track rear suspension on it and set the suspension to its lowest stance so I would quit rolling over that it now is not capable of pulling a wheelie. So like I said I'm considering about maybe just tearing my rig down and learning as I go and throwing a pico .26 JL red dot set up on it because I have heard its a lot better motor and holds a tune well.

I have one of my maxx's slammed to the ground and that thing dances all over the place when its running good!!! try messing with the spur gear teeth count and your clutch bell teeth count....