RC10GT Dogbone Problems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just recently got my first Stadium Truck, an RC10GT and had a quick question about it.

I was wondering if any other members had this truck and ever had a problem with the rear dogbones slipping out of the diff casing. I've got a set of aluminum bulkheads, and they do a pretty good job, but the screws have a tendancy to strip the plastic mounts the bulkheads attach too. unfortunately I can't seem to find and metal components to take care of the issue. Plain and simple- Does anyone have an idea for the rear end of the truck, just to make it a tad stronger to bashing? Thanks in advance!

I also just recently noticed the braces from the diff casing to the tires can be adjusted. If I were to lenghten these braces, it would help the dogg's to fit better, and deeper in place- But would affect the angle of the tires and how much of the actually tire touches the ground. Would it be wise to do this? It would solve the problem, but present anothere one...

Last edited:
hey, problems with the GT??! well The braces you are talking about are the turnbuckles. If you make the tires pitch a bit different, it will not harm anything, you just wont have as much traction, and you will wear down that side of the tires faster...

well, nothing bad but the rear bulkhead took a bad tumble and stripped the bolts. S'ok tho, I ripped the spur up today and am replaing it. I just bought it as a project. I am going to take your old truck and turn it into my shelf queen. you can buy it back later. ::wink wink::

Hey Tweak, I got the solution that will cure all of your bone problems and not have to change your camber to extremes to fix it. Get RC10-T4 bones or CVD's, They are about 1/4 inch longer than the GT bones so they will stay seated.

I had the same problem with my T3 (same axles as GT) with RPM carriers and the T4 CVD's fixed the problem.

Also to fix the rear Bulk head screw holes being stripped, you can use longer screws and put a nuts on the top side. You can do this on 3 of the 4 mounting screws. You won't be able to put a nut on the screw below the spur gear.

Last edited:
well, it's no tthe bones, it's the bulhead and the fac tthat it it keeps coming out of it's place due to bashing...

last post edited read bottem

Thanks, I thought that doing that would weaken the plastic, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.