RC10GT Clutch Bell & Spur help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweak

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When upgrading/repairing your current clutchbell and spur set up, what factors should be taken into consideration?

Do the number of teeth affect the performance of the vehicle? I had a friend tell me the ratio ( More teeth, More top end, slower start etc.) What composite would you recommend for rough driving nylon, kevlar, steel, or if they make them- Titanium?

As some of you know I recently stripped my spur gear and would like some opinions on the part that will be takig it's place. Once again, Thanks in advance.

kevlar is your best bet, even though they cost as much as steel. Your clutchbells will thank you for it.

Kevlar is good, but if you set your mesh properly, plastic will last you a long time.

To give you a basic on the gear teeth question;
More on the bell/less on the spur = top end
Less on the bell/more on the spur = low end

I can't remember what stock is, but the stock bell/spur count is a good starting point. I'd start there, and then not deviate more than 1 or 2 teeth on the bell either way.

Hope that helps!

Robinson Racing clutch bells have worked better and lasted longer on my wifes GT then the stock AE bells do, you may want to try one of those. Stick with the stock 66 tooth spur gear and jump to an 18 tooth clutch bell, that combo will still give you a good hole shot and increase the top speed enough for any track or bashing you may be doing.
I agree with what HeartBreak said, if your mesh is set properly, the plastic spur will last as long as any other aftermarket spur gear will.

that thing about plastic spurs is right about the mesh. Tweak, I had that spur on my gt for about 3/4 gallon and it worked fine w/on getting stipped. I know I told you the engine had 1/2 gallon on it and thats right. Because that is a very new engine on urs right now. That spur was on the old engine also.