RC talk home page

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerksies

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got back into RC recently. I am just wondering about the home page how come no articles are updated. The most current one is from November of 23.

I got back into RC recently. I am just wondering about the home page how come no articles are updated. The most current one is from November of 23.
Because most people don't even see that page I guess.

You gonna be our paper boy? I could use a new article a week. 🤣
Wishful thinking at this point.

As much as I'd love to have someone(s) help write content about new products, but even RC in general, I think that time has passed.

As much as I'd love to have someone(s) help write content about new products, but even RC in general, I think that time has passed.
There is youtube videos when stuff releases now. Thats what I mainly share when I see something new.

There is youtube videos when stuff releases now. Thats what I mainly share when I see something new.
Times have changed I guess. I hop over to big squid myself.

i could maybe write some random crap.
I've got time....
Maybe we might talk about that someday, but I ain't so sure.

I've tried for years to get people to write, as in a paying gig. We even had a dedicated page just for it. We've had a member or two do it before but nothing really stuck, and the last member we invited in ended up having beef with a moderator and decided to act like a child and edited and/or removed content.

I've put far too much time into this site to risk letting someone else come in and try to wreck it because they didn't get their way about something. I'd much rather have content that isn't updated nearly as frequently than to risk that.

This is in NO way a dig at you @luke66 or your character. It's just my general state of mind at the moment about the overall idea.

I've tried for years to get people to write, as in a paying gig. We even had a dedicated page just for it. We've had a member or two do it before but nothing really stuck, and the last member we invited in ended up having beef with a moderator and decided to act like a child and edited and/or removed content.

I've put far too much time into this site to risk letting someone else come in and try to wreck it because they didn't get their way about something. I'd much rather have content that isn't updated nearly as frequently than to risk that.

This is in NO way a dig at you @luke66 or your character. It's just my general state of mind at the moment about the overall idea.
That all makes perfect sense. sucks that one guy had to act like such a butt on here. if you ever change your mind, hit me up. I've got time :thumbs-up:

You can put my name in the hat too. I'd be willing to write some articles for moolah. I've never written articles, but I did major in English during College. Just be prepared for a lot of Traxxas content.

You can put my name in the hat too. I'd be willing to write some articles for moolah. I've never written articles, but I did major in English during College. Just be prepared for a lot of Traxxas content.
Seems like you need some variety in your live
😆

We've had a member or two do it before but nothing really stuck, and the last member we invited in ended up having beef with a moderator and decided to act like a child and edited and/or removed content.

Woodie, I'm surprised and disappointed by your public criticism of me on this forum. Isn't it somewhat childish to openly badmouth me like this? It seems we're not in the habit of letting things go around here. When trolls disrupt the forum, undermining the work I've been doing to assist everyone here and to potentially increase site traffic, I naturally get upset. This forum lacks active administration to prevent such issues from escalating. Do you consider my reaction to this lack of oversight as childish?

Or is it because I stood firm in my arguments when an admin threatened to delete my extensive LiPo post, into which I invested over $1500 and a year of my time? Was I being childish by resisting this, especially when the admin seemed more interested in silencing me than addressing the actual issue? And when I reacted by calling him a name after he deleted all my work, is that what you find immature? It seems inconsistent that when I removed a couple of articles I wrote (for free mind you), because I was feeling unappreciated, I'm labeled childish, but when similar actions were taken against me, it was deemed acceptable. Isn't that a double standard?

I've dedicated almost a decade and a half to educating and helping people on this site. Is this lack of acknowledgment and respect really the thanks I get? Here's a suggestion: if you truly value this forum, why not properly maintain it? Consider appointing some of the active, helpful members as admins. They could manage tasks like stickying important posts, updating old stickies, monitoring harassment in posts, and awarding the two 'new' badges that haven't been utilized since their introduction over a year ago.

I realize that by saying this, I risk being accused again of wanting an administrative role, despite clearly stating in the past that I have no such desire. It appears one can't express genuine concern for the forum without being suspected of having a hidden agenda. And for the record, I'm not the only one voicing these concerns about administration, stickies, and badges. At least a few regulars discuss these issues outside the forum. I'm simply the one willing to address them publicly. It's noticeable that whenever these issues are raised in the forum, they're ignored. I understand this forum may not be as profitable as your larger ones, but that doesn't justify neglecting it.

No need to reply as I will not be returning. I no longer wish to be ridiculed by the one person that my activity helps the most.

P.S. You know, I actually find it funny in retrospect that you actually think the issue I had with NCNitro was about me not getting my way. I mean, I guess in a way it was because what I wanted was for you to step up and appoint at least one active admin to prevent trolls from having free rein for multiple days all the while wrecking an active post that I was trying to build with helpful information in it, but sure, let's just chalk it up to me being childish and not because I was feeling insulted and unappreciated for all the hard work I was trying to do to benefit who exactly? EVERYONE

/peace ☮️

Woodie, I'm surprised and disappointed by your public criticism of me on this forum. Isn't it somewhat childish to openly badmouth me like this? It seems we're not in the habit of letting things go around here. When trolls disrupt the forum, undermining the work I've been doing to assist everyone here and to potentially increase site traffic, I naturally get upset. This forum lacks active administration to prevent such issues from escalating. Do you consider my reaction to this lack of oversight as childish?

Or is it because I stood firm in my arguments when an admin threatened to delete my extensive LiPo post, into which I invested over $1500 and a year of my time? Was I being childish by resisting this, especially when the admin seemed more interested in silencing me than addressing the actual issue? And when I reacted by calling him a name after he deleted all my work, is that what you find immature? It seems inconsistent that when I removed a couple of articles I wrote (for free mind you), because I was feeling unappreciated, I'm labeled childish, but when similar actions were taken against me, it was deemed acceptable. Isn't that a double standard?

I've dedicated almost a decade and a half to educating and helping people on this site. Is this lack of acknowledgment and respect really the thanks I get? Here's a suggestion: if you truly value this forum, why not properly maintain it? Consider appointing some of the active, helpful members as admins. They could manage tasks like stickying important posts, updating old stickies, monitoring harassment in posts, and awarding the two 'new' badges that haven't been utilized since their introduction over a year ago.

I realize that by saying this, I risk being accused again of wanting an administrative role, despite clearly stating in the past that I have no such desire. It appears one can't express genuine concern for the forum without being suspected of having a hidden agenda. And for the record, I'm not the only one voicing these concerns about administration, stickies, and badges. At least a few regulars discuss these issues outside the forum. I'm simply the one willing to address them publicly. It's noticeable that whenever these issues are raised in the forum, they're ignored. I understand this forum may not be as profitable as your larger ones, but that doesn't justify neglecting it.

No need to reply as I will not be returning. I no longer wish to be ridiculed by the one person that my activity helps the most.

P.S. You know, I actually find it funny in retrospect that you actually think the issue I had with NCNitro was about me not getting my way. I mean, I guess in a way it was because what I wanted was for you to step up and appoint at least one active admin to prevent trolls from having free rein for multiple days all the while wrecking an active post that I was trying to build with helpful information in it, but sure, let's just chalk it up to me being childish and not because I was feeling insulted and unappreciated for all the hard work I was trying to do to benefit who exactly? EVERYONE

/peace ☮️
Don't go man. I agree this site needs active moderators. And I also agree it was wrong to bring this up in public. But the forum is more than just this crap. There are a lot of good people here man.

/peace ☮️
yeah man, please stay on. we need more cool guys like you on here.

Case and point.

A user asked why the front page wasn't updated as much as it should be, another member offered to help.

I didn't say a single word as to who the member was, and the posts that were written on the front page have long been removed, so no one would have been none the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back