Rc nitro help please.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dominic1234

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey all, i have a ansmann virus nitro rc buggy and i need some help please, so when the engine starts the engine just revs really high and the metal spur gear and clutch bell gear spin really fast, i have put the settings back to factory settings and still this problem happerns, also I've replaced the clutch shoes and springs and also put a new clutch bell and bearings on the engine.. does anyone have ideas what else it could be?..

at the moment the nitro buggy has been stripped and I'm trying to fine the problem thats causing it to over rev and just running off, I've had some good runs from this ansmann virus nitro buggy but the wheels have always moved when it idles, but now the wheels move super fast when it idles, maybe it didnt help that i bought the buggy second hand?....... i just wanna get it back out on the dirt but its causing a headache lol,,, any advice much appreciated.

Cheers dom.

You might want to try sealing the engine. It sounds like you have an air leak.

hi all, yes clutch shoes and springs have been replaced,, is it easy to seal a nitro engine, I'm going to buy some car gasket searler and do it that way?