RC Fundraiser for Fisher - Asking for Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
$650 Raised so far
Every little bit helps guys 😉
76796445_1701138086398347_r.jpeg

Fisher is a 10 year old kid in Louisiana. He is battling through some pretty nasty stuff right now, and after reading his story, I got with Woodie here and asked if we could put together an RCTalk care package for him to help take his mind off things.

A local hobby shop down there (Big Boy Toys & Hobbies) gave Fisher a TRX4 kit with some extras, and Fisher had it up and running in a couple weeks. They said it really lifted his spirits and got him hooked on RC. So lets lift his spirits a little bit more guys 😍

@Greywolf74 said he has a DR10 drag kit along with a Flysky GT3B he is going to ship down there, and he's also willing to take care of the donations. Big Boy Toys & Hobbies said they can put together a PayPal invoice to send us once we decide what to get him, and they can deliver the goods to the family.

So if you'd like to help out, here's what we'll do...

Rather than put emails in the open forum, if you would like to donate, simply chime in here and once we get it setup, I will PM you the info on how to donate. PayPal or Cashapp will be the preferred method, but if you absolutely have to use another payment app, or another form of payment, maybe we can work something out. You can also send any RC stuff you want to part with directly to the hobby shop. Here's where to send it:
Fisher Melder
C/O Big Boy Toys & Hobbies
2930 Johnston St.
Lafayette 70503

For now, let's just get this going, and we'll work out any details as we go. Who's in?

By the way, if you want to read more about Fisher's story, I can post some links if anyone is interested. It's a bit of a tear-jerker, at least for me anyways.

Last edited:
View attachment 189910
Fisher is a 10 year old kid in Louisiana. He is battling through some pretty nasty stuff right now, and after reading his story, I got with Woodie here and asked if we could put together an RCTalk care package for him to help take his mind off things.

A local hobby shop down there (Big Boy Toys & Hobbies) gave Fisher a TRX4 kit with some extras, and Fisher had it up and running in a couple weeks. They said it really lifted his spirits and got him hooked on RC. So lets lift his spirits a little bit more guys 😍

@Greywolf74 said he has a DR10 drag kit along with a Flysky GT3B he is going to ship down there, and he's also willing to take care of the donations. Big Boy Toys & Hobbies said they can put together a PayPal invoice to send us once we decide what to get him, and they can deliver the goods to the family.

So if you'd like to help out, here's what we'll do...

Rather than put emails in the open forum, if you would like to donate, simply chime in here and I will PM you the info on how to donate. PayPal will be the preferred method, but if you absolutely have to use another payment app, or another form of payment, I am sure we can work something out. You can also send any RC stuff you want to part with directly to the hobby shop. Details on that later.

For now, let's just get this going, and we'll work out any details as we go. Who's in?

By the way, if you want to read more about Fisher's story, I can post some links if anyone is interested. It's a bit of a tear-jerker, at least for me anyways.

Thank you for getting this set up 😍. And yep I’m in.

I'm in. can you post some links on his story?
Sure.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/37g2t3uim0

This is from Fisher's mother back in April.
Screenshot_20240513_165259.jpg

The lady from Paulette's Pals is the one that told me Fisher is currently in Memphis getting more treatments. When I asked how Fisher was doing, she said he is doing as well as expected. She also said "He has big dreams to help kids his age at St. Jude and his heart is so big".

Cool guys. I'll start a group PM this morning after I get the info on where to send your donations.

Last edited:
Hoping we can get some more members in on this. Every little bit helps guys.
I sent Fisher the Associated SR-10 I had up for sale... It's RTR but will need a 2S battery.

I included a note letting them know it came from the members here.

It should arrive at the hobby shop in 3 days, or so.... via USPS.

I sent Fisher the Associated SR-10 I had up for sale... It's RTR but will need a 2S battery.

That’s awesome! That should surely put a smile on his face!

Fisher being a motocross racer, he's probably going to love that one!

Last edited:
Ok. I just spoke to Fisher's mother on the phone. He has been given one of the Vanquish kits, but has nothing to put in it like radio, motor, esc, servo, etc.

Fisher is also saving up to buy a CEN 450 😉

Last edited:
Back