Race Worthy Savage Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill Trade you a 2 Speed For a 3 speed.....lol

That was the idea of putting them on. We will see what happens. I still need tires and and break the engine in. If I get the tires sometime soon I might toss my OS .30 on it just to see how it runs since I don't want to break in my Picco in the cold. Biggerst problem is EVERYTHING has to be through the mail and that takes a lot of time depending on how it is sent.

Randy I am with ya. I got it used for a heck of a deal so I snagged it. If I had to buy it new.....yeah I never would have got it. I figured might as well since I had the chance. Kinda like the one RC you bought that came with the your 3PM Futaba FASST controller...saw the chance and ran. Sometimes ya just have to.

Do you think you could use these Joey? There 40 series crime-fighters. Pretty much the same as bow-ties. I could sell em to you cheap because I have no use for them anymore.

fc6d830c.jpg

This thing is going to be so sick!!! can't wait to see tires mounted, damn.

Last edited:
Yeah I need some treads for sure...I have rims...lol. Seems the 40 series market is drying up. All Proline makes is the stupid Moabs and Trenchers that weight 2 pounds for a set of 4 with bead locks. Yeah not going to work. I am talking to Nitro above on those Crime Fighters.

If joey don't take the tires I might be interested in them.....don't wanna jump line though

Ok I bought a couple new sets of shoes for the Savage...here is one set. I hated the crappy gold rings on the bead locks so I painted them black. I think they look a TON better now. They did look a bit cheesy.
7E9F9D5D.jpg

I know it has been a long time since I made any updates on this so I got me a new steering servo. Thought I would do HV servos on this one. This Blue Bird is rated ar 490Oz at 7.4V. I will be running the receiver and servos off of a 2s lipo. Since all the electronics are rated for this it is safe without damage. Sucker is a beefcake, full alloy case and using a GH clamp style servo horn on it. I "Think" that should be enough juice to turn the wheels.
CF07A064.jpg

Don't worry I am De-anodizing the servo horn....orange and purple? Not so good together!!

A2890D4E.jpg

She's purrty! That should be just enough torque to rip out the servo saver. :hehe:

Yes I am thinking so...lol. I don't think I will have to worry about not having enough torque to crank the wheels around.

The servo was $60...a heck of a deal for the money. Would be nice if it was a brushless servo but for the beast that is is I will not complain.

Looking good. I hope you don't intend to take it out and get it dirty. :D
Ralph I intend on only pushing it around in the garage downstairs. I have plastic bags to put on the tires to keep them from getting dirty.

Last edited: