Quitting smoking / E-cigs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolex, you've pretty much described the last 3 years of my habit. I smoke outside, I've forced myself down to as little as 5 a day at times, and I only smoke in my winter car, which only goes about 20 miles a day. I even put them out halfway when I'm outside freezing.
I understand the whole willpower thing, and I've had long enough breaks in the past to realize how much better it made me feel.
The things that make it hard for me are weight gain, the price of cigs, and my mood swings. I mentioned the price of cigs because a carton costs $20 at the native american reservation. I need to use nicotine in order to get off the cigarettes, and I'm hoping to find the right e-cig to get me 'over the hump' and swear off real cigarettes forever, I don't care if takes 3 years and $5,000 worth of e-cigs to do it.

What made me quit almost cold turkey, is when my 10 year boy looked me in the eyes and said, "dad, when i get older are you still going to build a race car with me, and i said, yes why do ask. He siad if you die from smoking who will help me do it? Thats all it took for me, until my divorce, then i started again. Rolex is very correct, it's a very nasty habit.

Your son will still be there when you quit again. Stay with it.

My car smells good, my clothes smell good, my apartment smells good, even my dog smells good. :D

Even with the top off, and doors off, I still never smoked in my jeep. I still occasionally bum one off of someone when I get a really really bad craving, but I haven't bought a pack for myself in a long time.

I specifically said for myself, because for every 4-5 I bummed, I bought that persona pack of their choice.

No one ever bought me a pack.
A friend of mine smoked just as much as me but never bought his own. If I ran out he'd stop at a store so I could buy "US" another pack.

I started off with using the blu e cig kit a few months ago. It was ok the idea of being able to recharge the batteries in the pack was pretty cool. However the batteries themselves go dead way to quick. I suggest goin to Johnsen Creek's webstie and checking out their Vea starter kit. Plus they have all kinds of different flavors of smoke juice in verying strengths of nicotine. I got the vea starter kit this past Saturday and after using it for a couple of days I gave my blu kit to a friend of mine and I havent bought a pack of cigarettes since Thursday and I was a 2 pack a day smoker. It works if you let it and are willing to make the initial investment.

i was able to quit smoking after 20 year using the patch ..i was smoking almost 2 packs a day ..i have to say that the ''step 1 '' patch was nowhere strong enough for me ..so i had to still smoke a couple cigs a day for those huge cravings (for about 2 weeks) until my system got used to the low nicotine ..then i just followed the instructions for the patch

it has been a bit over 1 year now (1 year jan 4) and i haven't touched a smoke since ...or do i crave them .

i have to admit it took quite a bit of discipline for the first month or so ...but it was the best move i did in quite a while ...lol...and my body seems to like it to ...not to mention the bank account ;)

try stopping by smoking a pipe first. it is more enjoyable, you spend more time tinkering not smoking. allso 4-6 bowels a week works good, a lot less tobacco is smoked. . and is much cheaper. a pipe is easier to stop.

Skoal was easiest to quit of em all.

try stopping by smoking a pipe first. it is more enjoyable, you spend more time tinkering not smoking. allso 4-6 bowels a week works good, a lot less tobacco is smoked. . and is much cheaper. a pipe is easier to stop.

One bowel is enough to make anyone want to quit immediately I would think. :D

Yeah, I need 2 bowels a day, or else there's a log jam somewhere. :hehe:

I just picked up the Njoy to try, and I can already tell there are much better tasting options besides the blu. The blu was also to hard to pull on. I'll find the one for me, and like other habits, I will eventually get through this....I gave up weed and crack after 15 and 8 years of use, but cigarettes are the toughest addiction by far.

Go for a JoyeTech eGo Twist and some Phoenix Bottom-Coil Clearomizer , and for juice if your just starting get one bottle %100 VG , 1 bottle %100 PG , and 1 bottle of 50/50 , try one at a time to see if you have any reaction's , me my self my face would break out when smoking PG , for flaver I find vanilla to be pretty good , don't get grap flavers they tend to tast like car tire , hit me up when you start trying juice I have some I may never use . pick up a back up eGo battery you be glad you did latter on.
this is a good place to look around http://www.vaporalley.com/