quick question .please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_38

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
ok i am tring to install a carb on my savage and the damn metal ring at the base will not tighten up it will not pull out once i tighen the screw but he carb rotates
is this normal for the S-25?

Mine did that too.
In my case the fix was simple.
Take the carb off,apply some Permatex Copper sensor safe sealant and reinstall.
Wait 24hrs before running the engine.
Be careful not to get any sealant in the carb or engine.
Hope this helps.

i thinks its more normal than it should be..

I've heard of 5 poeple so far (including myself) with this issue ...my carb was rotating
no matter how much i tightend the screw it would rotate...i also could not get the carb off i read off someone on here had to grind a slot in the retaining bolt to get it off

i worked with mine & got it off, i dont know if you have the same problem but my carb neck is dented or indented where the pinch both contacts ...i put it back on and worked with it & got it a lot tighter. but still not what it should be

racin_38 said:
would the black RTV type work?

racin ...as long as its high temp, you should be ok

my7 hotbodies .26 is like that.. just rotates.. no matter how tight

mine is sealed with rtv.. if you dont seal it it may leak..

ok another question lol
i have that .21 from a storm i guess from bustedgears
the carb will fit really snug in the case
will it work ok ? i have another carb body coming in thursday but i want to run the savage till then hate to be a pain in you guys ass's but i never really pissed with big blocks ,

If the nut on the pinch bolt is botteming out before it tightens the carb, you may need to install a washer with the same ID as the biggest part of the pinch bolt. If that doesn't work you may need to replace the pinch bolt unless the carb body is damaged. Only use Permatex Ultra Copper to seal the carb or back plate. Other RTV sealers will not hold up with the heat or solvents in the fuel.

Also if the other carb will fit and tighten up...go for it!!!

Back