Question: RC10b74.1 vs. Rc10b74.2 is the .2 update worth another $200?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the transponder, Most transponders new from MYLaps come with a mount / bracket, I would use that mount, use it and mount it on the servo, thats what I do, and most of the local guys use
Example:
PXL_20230821_014809145.jpg

Awesome tip! I was running into this issue but didn’t have time to look into it further. I will definitely check closely. Waiting on some paint and the actual motor that will be going in. I had a castle 540 motor in it but decided it needed a proper 13.5. Got a Trinity “Slot Machine.” I should be able to take it out next weekend. Body is all masked and trimmed wiring is just about sorted. I’m stoked to give it a go!

View attachment 170281View attachment 170282

I need to grab some braided sheathing from my shop this week to dress the transponder and ESC wires. I got them all shortened appropriately and new ends crimped on. It’s gonna look real clean I think. Hopefully I don’t bastardize the paint job 😂 if I end up getting another transponder it’s definitely gonna be the black one!
Hell yea man!!!! looks good bud...well done 👍👍

Hell yea man!!!! looks good bud...well done 👍👍
Thanks!

Since this has more or less turned into a build thread I’ll post this here.

Car is done! Almost…

IMG_2428.jpeg

So I was planning to paint it a different color entirely, but I misread the eta on the package with the paint. Thought it was coming tomorrow but it was actually next Tuesday. I intend to take it out Friday night for its first run!

The wiring has all been shortened and routed but I’m going to have to pull it all loose anyway when I swap in the 3channel receiver. Need the aux for the castle ESC. So I’ll sheath it all then.

I learned a new to me technique for glueing tires and I really like it. Best set of tires I’ve ever done by far.

IMG_2401.jpeg

I’ve been wanting to try using thin CA for a while, it always looks so messy when I use the medium stuff.

So I do all the normal punching the tire & rolling the tire around to get the inserts seated nicely, put it on the wheel and then comes the tricky part. No tire bands. Just lay it flat and with the glue tip cut really fine you start a bead of glue at the seam. Careful, you barely have to squeeze the bottle. Too hard and it’ll come out like a firehose. Move along the seam and somewhere it will all the sudden suck the glue into the seam. Capillary action like when you’re soldering and the wire hits the right temp and soaks up the solder.

Stay there!

Keep letting glue go in. It’s filling the bead all the way around. Eventually it will fill up and start to pool. Put the glue down, pick up the wheel and slowly swish it around. Like a brandy snifter but slow. The little puddle of glue will evenly distribute itself all the way around the bead.

Now the zip kicker trick. Instead of spraying the actual wheel, spray some in a solo cup then put the cup over the tire and let it sit for a minute. The fumes do the same thing as the spray but a little slower so it doesn’t get that white stuff around the edges.

This is the video where I picked a lot of this up.

Here’s some more pics:

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2415.jpeg

IMG_2418.jpeg

Since I had the paint stuff out I sprayed this J Concepts HF body I had for my Slash. Nothing crazy. Just clean and simple. At some point I’d like to get a pro to help me with a matching livery for them.

IMG_2413.jpeg

IMG_2412.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

I almost forgot!!! Check the chassis protector! Haha.

IMG_2429.jpeg

Last edited:
Did the final alignment today. -1.5° camber and 1° toe out.

Not gonna get to Pit Stop this weekend like I hoped but next Friday is a definite. I have a tire break in tool coming Thursday or Friday and the 13.5 motor will be coming Friday as well. I’ll probably bring it to a local baseball diamond and “run the bases” a bit just to get a feel for how it drives. Maybe set up some cones to simulate a track with some tight hairpins and a few big sweepers. I’m so excited to get this thing on a track.

Also ordered a set of carpet tires cause it won’t be long till it’s indoor season.
IMG_2435.jpeg

Back