Question from a newb?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have been looking at the Axial Ax10 Scorpion lately and I'm trying to find a good esc motor combo, and i wanted to know how good the Traxxas Velineon Brushless, esc combo is???

I'm moving this to Rock Crawlers since its not a scaler. Id go with a sidewinder or mamba and either a cheap 45t integy/novak or a nice handwound 45t.

ok thanx but how good is that combo like if i wanted to go waterproof or are the ones you suggested waterproof??? i want to go in like big puddles and the snow obviously!! haha

I dont know what esc's are waterproof but the brushless motors are a bad idea for a crawler. You will burn them up or break something for sure.

All the brushless setups I ever ran on a Axial sucked, they would just cog like crazy. Arent the xl5's water proof? not much of a crawler esc but its an option I guess.

yea i gotta wait to get the money so i have to wait to like November 6th to get everything cause thats when my confirmation is.. but my cart that i will buy in like a month and a half is The Ax10 Scorpion, Hitec HS-7955TG ultra torque titanium gear digital servo, Ballsistic batteries 6 cell 7.2v stick pack (4500 mah), tekin 45t motor/esc combo system, because i dont have a good radio system yet i want to get the airtronics m11 2.4ghZ system so thats in there to total it all to $739.95 so ill see what i get for my confirmation!! also, should i change anything else???

All the brushless setups I ever ran on a Axial sucked, they would just cog like crazy. Arent the xl5's water proof? not much of a crawler esc but its an option I guess.

Thats the only one I could think of. I wouldnt think they would do very well on a crawler though. But who knows.

yes the xl5 is water proof but has no drag brake not really a problem less you do hard inclines then she will runaway on you.for motor 55t or 45t will work great if you want more speed go with a 35t handwound

ya if i need more speed to have fun i will go 35t but for actual crawling the 45t is fine...

If your gonna spend the cash on a nice servo and a pretty good motor and esc, dont buy a stick pack! if your not going lipo, atleast get some saddle packs for the front axle.

And instead of a 35t, if the esc you get handles it, go 3s lipo, you will have plenty of torque and wheel speed.

ok whats a good either 2 or 3s lipo, what it best for crawling??

3s is way better, its 11.1v. A Mystery 1500mah 3s pack is the perfect size. get a servo/battery plate for the front axle and your set. Plus those packs are like $30 for two shipped on the bay.

i can't find a servo/battery plate.. what will work??? I'm a complete noob

thanx for the info guys!!! it helped me a lot and i got a lot more bookmarks now for crawlers cause i want to get into them a lot cause they look sweet and my dad has an endless supply of rocks to be dumped into my backyard!! lol