Question for Redcat owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panko75

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Are any of their 1/10 bashers good? I'm looking for something to jump curbs and run around gravel fields, no skateparks or anything crazy.

They pop up fairly often for a low price, and parts look cheap. My Gen 7 crawler has been adequate enough for someone that doesn't know much about crawlers.

And before anyone suggests one, I already have a Traxxas. I like trying new things.

I have two Redcat crawlers in which I think are really good rigs.
I also have a Redcat Tornado S30 nitro that I have yet to run a complete tank of fuel through it.
It's the biggest pile of junk I've ever owned.
I can't speak for the rest of their bashers but I've honestly heard more cons than pros.
I'll never buy another Redcat basher.
This is just my opinion so others may think different.

Their volcano pro is a legit 1/10 basher. Here’s my advice. Go aluminum chassis and shock towers. I’ve wrecked the one I built really hard. I’ve never bent one.

Here’s the deal, the truck is stupid light all aluminum. It could use the weight. But, the plastic is pretty dang tough. Just be prepared for with extra dog bones. If you’ll keep the arms and tie rods plastic, you’ll rarely break one. In fact I’ve never broke one. I’ve never broke an axle hub either.

This truck shines at 2s. It’s just too light and small for 3s. It’s very quick on 2s. And tops out at 45 mph or so. I’d recommend zee 100c batteries. This is a seriously fun ride.

Their volcano pro is a legit 1/10 basher. Here’s my advice. Go aluminum chassis and shock towers. I’ve wrecked the one I built really hard. I’ve never bent one.
I've been thinking about grabbing about one of those or a Blackout, I'm old school, I just run NiMH in my bashers.

Last edited:
I've been thinking grabbing about one of those or a Blackout, I'm old school, I just run NiMH in my bashers.
I can’t imagine doing that. But, to each their own. Enjoy!!!!

Nothing wrong with being old school but you are missing out on some serious fun with Lipo.

Nothing wrong with being old school but you are missing out on some serious fun with Lipo.
It ain't worth the "ritual" to me, buying a charge bag, ammo box, storage charge, etc etc, plus two of my RCs won't fit most LiPOs, while the other is a crawler.

Last edited:
It ain't worth the "ritual" to me, buying a charge bag, ammo box, storage charge, etc etc, plus two of my RCs won't fit most LiPOs, while the other is a crawler.
It didn't take me long to get rid of the NiMH batteries. I run Lipo's in everything including my crawlers.

Back