PTSD, Depression, and Severe Pain

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My wife and I got the bad news that here younger brother "not to get confused with my brother" who was a flight medic in the US Army and did tours in Irac and Egypt where he ended up breaking his neck in the line of duty tragically ended his own life in a fit of rage after a long battle with sever pain from a botched surgery that was supposed to fix his neck, severe depression and PTSD, not to mention that after all of his service they were getting ready to medically discharge him, it was just more then he could take any more.

This has been on my mind for a couple of days now and I just had to share with my extended family here on RCNT, It pisses me off that the Military does not do more for our soldiers who our suffering so bad that they turn to ways like he did to end the pain and suffering.:angry:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It is so sad and also pisses me off also. I have a few friends that are in the military. My uncle just told me that his oldest son signed up for the Marines. We are scared as hell.

Damn man, I am sorry to hear that. I know how it is I have had some rough times in the military. I have had the reoccurring dreams that last for years. There were smells that reminded me of certain instances and to be honest I was scared to talk to anyone about because of the fear of them saying you are crazy and sending me packing. What I hate so much is your brother in law was not alone in his situation. It happens so often to guys.....more than I like to think. We care as individuals but I will agree that the machine of the military as a whole cares very little. I feel for you...I hate it anytime I hear of a bother in arms loses their life. Bad time of year for it too. I wish there is more I could say but my words are just words....but I know the feeling...been there.

Thank you all for the kind words and support, we were trying to figure out how we were going to get my wife to his funeral and found out tonight that the military is going to fly her there, guess it is the least they could do...

I'm am sorry to hear about your brother. I was diagnosed with PTSD several years ago from service in the First Gulf War that also caused severe depression which I have to fight every day, so I understand what your brother was going through. It's my opinion that the military medical system is made to treat the healthy, not the badly injured. I'd like to think that he is better off now not suffering from chronic pain.

Very sorry to hear that bro.

Very sorry to hear. My condolences.

It's very sad to hear that about anyone but even worst to know that the very people that fight for us have to go through this. My condolences

Thanks for the condolences, but now I am even more :angry:pissed:angry: of at our military, just because my wife is not blood related they pulled there offer to fly her to the funeral and we have no means of getting her there. So she will now miss her brothers funeral:(.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of those long dis-functional family stories where they lived together for years and is actually more of a step brother. But in there eyes a brother to her non the less. She very hurt and upset that she can't be there.

It saddens me to read this more than you know. It's not like you guys haven't had enough going on lately as is. I can't believe they pulled the offer to provide for her travel arrangements, that's beyond messed up. I have a little half brother and sister that I didn't even meet until I was 21 years old, and in my eyes, their my siblings, period. I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for your and your wife's loss. Anytime someone, family, friend, or stranger takes thier own life it is tragic. With all the knowledge and technology the world posesses it is sad that little or any of it is used to more effectively treat the scourages of war like PTSD. As for the military, like frickenjoey says it is a machine that could always be improved. Proper treatment and support of those that make up that machine, especially those in direct conflict and combat has been overlooked too long.

Last edited:
Back