PS3 or 360?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.21Rc10GT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any of you guys have either or both? I just want your opinions on either system. I personally own both, and I love em. I do like the 360 just a hair more, but not because of better graphics, but the online arcades and whatnot. Sony is slowly catching up, but probably will not have an online thing as good as Microsoft. If they do, it will take a little bit. There are some killer games for both systems. PS3 is behind in the availability of games, but the ones that are out are pretty fair. Resistance is probably the best one so far. Gears of wars is my favorite 360 game. The story is good, and online rules! I only have like 6 games for the 360, but I am going to try to play through them all before getting another. I can't wait for Grand Turismo and Grand theft Auto for PS3 though... Rainbow 6 and FEAR are comming soon for the sony as well. Should start picking up here in the next few months.

I've got the 360, I got it a year ago, and if I had to make a choice today, I'd still go with the 360. IMO, sony's online/media experience will never be that of the 360's. I think the 360 ver. 2 is gonna be awesome when it comes out... IPTV, 120GB HD, DVR... The good thing is that if you want IPTV on your current 360, it should be doable with a firmware update and maybe a new router...but of course you have to pay for the IPTV service, but I'd take IPTV over regular tv any day if I had a choice up here in Alaska...
I don't play many video games at all. Hell, I have gears of war, and have had it for about the month, and have yet to even play it. I haven't touched my 360 in the longest time.. But jan 6th-feb 20th are the busiest days of my life anyway. And like I said, I wouldn't exactly call myself a gamer... But don't worry, I'll become an addict again once halo 3 comes out :D.

I don't get the huge addiction from halo that everyone else seemed to. Some people play Halo 2 (even though its like 5 years old) for HOURS everyday. Then when noobs like me try to go online and play around, its no fun, because they kick the crap outta me. Whether its glitching, spawn camping, etc, it just gets old after about 5 mins. I am not really looking forward to Halo 3, but I will most likely end up getting it after it becomes available on shelves. Just not my favorite game...

Yea, I've put in way more than my fair share of hours into halo 2....31 days worth to be exact. But that was like two years ago. Even then, I'm still not very good at it. I get my ass handed to me frequently...ESPECIALLY with my internet connection...consumers in AK are limited to like 128kb upload which absolutely kills me. I've got 3Mb download, but that upload speed causes me a ton of lag... But when I first started playing it was fun because I'd pick up the glitches and stuff as they happened (I even did my share of bridging...take THAT modders!). But now that I haven't played it in over a year, there's waaay too many exploits that make it unfair.
But, if you learn how to double shot the BR, you'll be nearly unstoppable. I've been up against people who would double shot the BR, and I'd get raped in like a second flat. Pissed the hell outta me...

don't play Yuck F00 in COD3 then......I close rooms from killing the crap out of people......I average 4/1 kill / deaths and usually double the next highest killer's score in the room...but it's the only game I really play so I get my ass handed to me in others......Halo series is fun but there are WAAAAY too many glitching cheating muther fukers to make it even remotely fun....play straight up or don't play...if you feel the need to cheat in a video game you need to seek psychiatric help......

i am waiting for the ps3 games to really start comming out before i buy a ps3 like killzone or army of two.

360, thats what i am getting. Why? first there are actually good games out for it. It's pretty damn pathetic that the biggest baddist most advanced gaming system has a bunch of crap for games. Secoundly Halo3. my 2cents

I have a 360 and was looking at getting the PS3, just dont think it's worth the money yet. I'm not really into Halo but I love the Live service and the incredible online community Microsoft has setup.

don't play Yuck F00 in COD3 then......I close rooms from killing the crap out of people......I average 4/1 kill / deaths and usually double the next highest killer's score in the room...but it's the only game I really play so I get my ass handed to me in others......Halo series is fun but there are WAAAAY too many glitching cheating muther fukers to make it even remotely fun....play straight up or don't play...if you feel the need to cheat in a video game you need to seek psychiatric help......

You have a 360, or you goin off of ps2?

I have COD3 on the 360. Fun game. I just kinda get tired of one game after I play it for more than 10 hours or so, so I switch games, and come back to that one another day. Thats one of the reasons why I cannot be that good on most games. I play a whole helluva lot of different ones. Its hard to switch between a series of like 5 games. The difference between Gears of War and Rainbow 6 is huge. Way different to play. After playing gears for a while, I can't seem to get the hang of RB6 again.

PS3 will have some killer games though. I haven't noticed any bugs yet. I only have Full Auto 2, and Madden 07, so I haven't really played enough to look for bugs. LOL, school takes up a lot of time. :shrug:

I'm on the 360.....the only reason I got one last year was to play COD2....then COD3 came out and I had to pick it up....I play splinter cell DA (offline) sometimes and I'll be getting Vegas soon, I just played it at my friends a week before I went to the hospital...I only play for an hour or so at a time....the meds were making my head hurt after more than that.....I just tried the GRAW2 demo...looks pretty sick.....

I have the 360 and it doesn't impress me much. I still play my playstation 2 more than it. GEars of war is pretty kick ass, but other than that, it doesn't seem like to big of step above the ps2 imo. I only played the ps3 a couple times and I thought it was pretty kick ass. The only problem right now is the lack of games, but over time there will be more. If I had to do it again, Id get the ps3. The Blue ray would be a big selling point for me. I just had ants in my pants and couldnt wait for a new system and got the 360..lol.. Go with the ps3.

I have the 360 and it doesn't impress me much. I still play my playstation 2 more than it. GEars of war is pretty kick ass, but other than that, it doesn't seem like to big of step above the ps2 imo. I only played the ps3 a couple times and I thought it was pretty kick ass. The only problem right now is the lack of games, but over time there will be more. If I had to do it again, Id get the ps3. The Blue ray would be a big selling point for me. I just had ants in my pants and couldnt wait for a new system and got the 360..lol.. Go with the ps3.

Are you playing on a HD tv, because on an HD tv it is 100x better looking.

I agree. The HDTV makes the games look so much better (on both systems). I am planning on putting a 40in lcd in my room for gaming, along with 7.1 sound.

I play my 360 on a 55" LCD HDTV. The visual and sound is stunning to say the least. There is absolutely no comparison to the original Xbox or Gamecube that are also hooked to the same TV.

The 360 or PS3 will only be as good as the weakest link which in most cases is the TV itself.

The 360 or PS3 will only be as good as the weakest link which in most cases is the TV itself.
Definetly will I have to say an AMEN to that. Most people don't realize that they can't grasp the real enjoyment of the games/system without the right setup. I work for a Telecommunications company and deal with high dollar tv's(84" plasmas) and what not. It really really makes a difference when your TV, sound system, and even the room are the best or close to it that they can be. Also make sure you use the best cables and connections as possible as it will make a difference.

well uh, if ps3 was $250 or less id get it. but so far, I'm leaning toward 360 because I'm a halo nut. i want to play halo wars and halo 3. if none of you have heard of halo wars, heres a vid.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLjqxYlZVM"]YouTube - Halo Wars[/ame]

:ninja: