Sold / Found Prolite 4x4, massively upgraded.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixtysixdeuce

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Associated Prolite 4x4, 5 months old, tons of upgrades and spare parts. Completely ready to run, just add your battery. Upgrades include:

-RPM front arms
-Alloy rear hub carriers
-Custom machined 7075-T6 alloy rear arm mount
-SC10 4x4 big bore threaded alloy shocks
-Proline Caliber 2.0 M4 tires on AE KMC wheels
-Front and rear diffs filled with 20K oil
-Front & rear sway bar kits
-Kyosho Synchro KS200 200 in.oz. steel gear steering servo
-Orion Vortex 2,000 KV 42mm 1/8 scale 4 pole motor
-Hobbywing SC8WP waterproof 120 amp 4S capable 1/8 scale ESC

Spare parts:

-Extra new chassis tub
-Body mounts & posts
-Complete differential kit
-Bumpers
-Bearings
-Spur Gears
-CVD axles
-Front & rear arms
-Hinge Pins
-Front C-hubs & knuckles
-Shock mount
-Motor mount
-Upper diff housing
-Other misc. items

Started as a $350 RTR truck, another $400 in upgrades and about $200 worth of spare parts. It's tough, and it's fast. Honestly, I haven't even run it on 4S, as the tires balloon so severely at 3S top speeds that I don't know if they'd hold together on 4S. This thing is a handful on outdoor tracks, and a monster on small indoor clay tracks, easily clearing 6-8' jumps with only 3' of run-up.

Body is painted in a pearlized metallic, shifts between silver, green, pink & purple, depending on lighting. I have run it with this body, there are scuffs & cracks, but it stays on the truck and serves it's purpose.

IMG_0889_zps535836c0.jpg

IMG_0887_zps035be7e7.jpg

IMG_0881_zps91f32334.jpg

IMG_0882_zps28e24851.jpg

IMG_0885_zps572f6057.jpg

IMG_0884_zps13d9fb27.jpg

IMG_0890_zps37b5dcdf.jpg

$350 + shipping. Yes, you can get a brand new RTR for that price. And then you can spend as much as I did (if not more) making it run like this one. If you think my price is too high, please just be respectfully silent. I don't need to sell it, and I'm already losing my ass on it at this price, so I'm firm. Anything less, I'll just keep it until my kids are older.

Anything else you'd like to know about it, just ask!

That IS a good price. Too bad I don't have the funds...

If my refrigerator hadn't given up tonight and I know I gotta buy a new one tomorrow I would be buying this. Stupid grown up problems ruining my fun. Awesome truck and good luck with the sale.

Still for sale?

Yup. I'll put "sold" in the first line when it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.