Project Revo Racer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought my Revo 2.5R bone stock from one of the boys in blue on the site =]. since it was my first truck i bashed around a little. got to know the truck, than started to take it down to the track and mess around some. i instantly enjoyed myself. so i did some odds and ends with the money i had.
RPM A Arms
Resonator pipe
multiple upgrades to the drivetrain
CVDs
new tires and wheels
a nice paint job
ect

so after getting massacred at the track a few times. i switched engines to the 3.3 with a AcncM head.
started coming in 3rd,4th and once 2nd.

so i figured its time to get serious with the racing and have some REAL fun!

heres some of the major racing upgrades i recently acquired =]
alum front and rear turnbuckles and pushrods with RPM axle carriers with the oversized bearings. and MIP pivot balls
revofront1.jpg

3.3 Tranny with center diff, rear brake, close ration gears, and MIP shiny center CVDs
tranny1.jpg

Hardcore Ti skid to protect my goods
revoskid1.jpg

nice new body with Tenko wing mount and Proline wing
revowing1.jpg

For the Grand Finally i got a OS18TM from a great guy on the site here.
revoengine1.jpg

ill update as my parts come in. i got a RPM True Track rear conversion.
Carbon Fiber rear break rotors from a Jato
Futaba 3PM FASST Tx/Rx and servo combo

any thing else you think i might have missed let me know. i willing to hear all suggestions on how to make my revo a better racer =]

You've got a hell of a build going on. I'm just getting started on my Revo build, and the information that you've provided thus far has been very helpful.

You might want to get a single servo for the steering. Since you'll be racing you'll want a high torque one such as the Hitec 5955TG.

Also, you should get a high torque servo for the throttle/brake duties such as the 645mg.

I just noticed this, but your truck appears to be missing two of the tranny mounting screws.

Last edited:
Looks good man, love the paint and wing. I'm getting ready to paint a body for my T-Maxx. You should check out the one that I painted for my RC18T. Well, I hope you get everything together the way you want it, so far it seems like you make good decisions on what parts to use. :)

You might want to get a single servo for the steering. Since you'll be racing you'll want a high torque one such as the Hitec 5955TG.

Also, you should get a high torque servo for the throttle/brake duties such as the 645mg.

I just noticed this, but your truck appears to be missing two of the tranny mounting screws.

and I'm glad that I'm helping people out by posting this stuff up on the forum. cutting the chassis with a Dremel was a pain in the @$$ but I'm sure it will be worth it when i get it up and going.

also thanks for the complements.

thanks for the tips on the servos. ill definetly get them when i have the cash =]

the reason why i only have two screws on the tranny is because I'm waiting for my new rear brake pads to arrive so i just put two of them in there for now.

i havent gotten a chance to brake in the OS yet, I'm also waiting for the header spring to arrive in the mail along with my RPM True Track conversion =]

Looks ready to win.You could always add more wheelbase with the rear frog leg ajustable arms,high flow 2 stage air filter, the platinum pipe is a 2 dual chamber mid to high,the 3.3. resonator is single chamber low to mid.Platinum sway bar kit front and rear.Vented disk brake rotor.Carbon fiber chassis with steel skeleton.I like the JR 9100T & S servos. I think all the monstertruck guys should have a summer dash for cash at Charlie thr Mans house this year.

Looks ready to win.You could always add more wheelbase with the rear frog leg ajustable arms,high flow 2 stage air filter, the platinum pipe is a 2 dual chamber mid to high,the 3.3. resonator is single chamber low to mid.Platinum sway bar kit front and rear.Vented disk brake rotor.Carbon fiber chassis with steel skeleton.I like the JR 9100T & S servos. I think all the monstertruck guys should have a summer dash for cash at Charlie thr Mans house this year.

i do have the motor saver air filter, and i just ordered the tenko kit for the revo. comes with all the Rx/fuel/battery/throttle conversions, wing mount, sway bars. its pretty much everything that tenko makes for the revo its in a nice little kit for $100 so i just go that. I've seen the carbon fiber chassis on ebay. i was thinking about it but i think I'm going to keep that on the side for a bit. i got the high performance brake rotor too. i did so much stuff for so long its hard to remember everything lol

and yeah that would be great to go over to charles the mans house and race some trucks!

singal servo conversion and tokino suff

DSC01766.jpg

i have the whole tenko kit on the way. not bad for $99 bucks

Don't you mean "Tekno"?

Nice build man. Can't wait to see it finished. Take your mom along to the track and ask her to hold the camera for you; I can't wait to see some video of this beast!

What i love about the revo is: no matter how many racing parts and stuff you put on it. you can just switch up some wheel/tires and some suspension mods and its ready for bashing.

we must meet up one weekend soon so i can show you the beast in action. the rest of my parts will be here Monday and Tuesday and i can break in my engine and get it ready

just got done installing my RPM True Track rear conversion

Looks pretty good. to bad they sent be blue instead of black like i asked but no biggy

RPM1.jpg

RPM2.jpg

the header spring i ordered finally came in with the new rear brake pads.

hes a pic of the OS .18TM installed! =]

OS18tm1.jpg

OS18tm2.jpg

going to break it in either today or tomorrow =]

can't WAIT!!

The O.S. Engines are simply amazing. We are putting an O.S. CV-RX into dad's MT-2, should be done this week when we get all the remaining parts.

The build is looking great Matt, you guys are really making me want a Revo so bad. I think I may end up buying an E-Revo.

man i REALLY would like an E revo myself.

thanks for the complements all. i can't wait to break it in and race it!

I'm going to start playing with the gearing and getting the rear brake honed in. but i can already tell this thing is going to be Sick!

Last edited:
Sure, go ahead and rub it in my face. I might have to go buy an OS 21TM just to fill the void that's been left behind, even though it will just sit on the shelf for quite a while since it's nitro.

Don't bother, there will ALWAYS be a void to fill. You could spend your life savings and still have a void. But if you REALLY need one, you could buy it and then send it to me.

Sure, go ahead and rub it in my face. I might have to go buy an OS 21TM just to fill the void that's been left behind, even though it will just sit on the shelf for quite a while since it's nitro.

sorry man. I've been :drool: ing over one of these things ever since i first got me revo. but I'm sure the one your building will be faster than mine lol
id love to do a brushless revo conversion and whip some people at the track with it. but thats another build, for another time.

thanks again for hooking me up with a winning engine. once i get at least a 1/2 gallon into her than ill take it out to the track.

the compression is WICKED. its nearly impossible to turn the flywheel by hand

Back