problem tuning with 25% fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson136

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a 5308 revo and broke it in and used up 1 gallon of trinty monster 20% fuel I just bought my 2nd gallon of fuel and went with trinty monster 25% fuel. I reset to factory settings (hsn 4 turns out and lsn 1 1/2 tuns out) i'm having a hard time tuning it now. I can run about a half of tank and then cannot keep it runing. it,s getting hot (280-310 degrees) does anybody have any ideas on what i can do. When she runs it runs great with the new fuel it is definity quicker with the higher percent fuel!! can some body help please.:angry:

when i upped my nitro % i had to richen out the motor
try that??
it would also explane the high heats that you are getting

Try your hsn at to 4 1/8 and your lsn at 1 3/4. And play with it from there. should get good temps from that.

Last edited:
as was stated above, i would say thats its a tuning issue

It may be to lean, which caused it to overheat. Richen the high speed needle 1/8 turn

It is recommended that you re-break in your engine when you change nitro %. I have only changed nitro % once, so I really can't say what kind of difference it makes.
I also had to change my glow plug.

no break in is needed. just don't continually change all the time. i went from blue thunder 20% to byron 25% and i had to lean it out. (thats how it wanted to run and it runs really good like that.) so you really don't need to break it in at fuel change but you may need to shim the head out. if its a 3.3 they can run up to 33% without being shimmed so your fine. just retune it

no break in is needed. just don't continually change all the time. i went from blue thunder 20% to byron 25% and i had to lean it out. (thats how it wanted to run and it runs really good like that.) so you really don't need to break it in at fuel change but you may need to shim the head out. if its a 3.3 they can run up to 33% without being shimmed so your fine. just retune it

+1
:goodpost::celebrate3::dance::clap::celebrate:

Back