problem finding a video card

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CntCtchMe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello all, i recently bought battlefield 2, and the expansion pack special forces.
I have a pretty good setup on my pc and can run everygame I've installed at full graphics detail, mind you the only games i own or play rather are maxpayne2, unreal tournament, and black hawk down which I'm not too crazy about. i have a dell 2400 dimesion with 756mb ram, and a pci 128mb geforce mx4000, theres only one problem battlefield 2 does not support that card, and i dont have a pci-express slot nor an AGP slot.
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series
these are the only ones the game supports and they are all either agp or pci express cards, so I've pretty much told myself I'm S.O.L. Is there anyhing i can do to make this game run on the card i have, because I'm assuming that a pci-express card will not work in a regular pci slot correct?

You can still get a PCI card. The ones you list are the ones recommended not the only ones. What OS are you running?

Video Cards
"Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:"
thats typed right abouve the list in the read me file, xp 2002 with sp2
Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
with 128 Mb of RAM
tyhats also typed in the readme

I have a FX5200, and doom3 runs on it (poorly, but it runs, lol). You should be able to run it on that. Just update the drivers at nvidia's site, and that should do it.

i did that and to no prevail, my card runs very well with everything else I've ever installed, sucks i really wanna play this game, concidering i bought the expansion pack before i bought the game and tried to install in not relizing i needed the game first

Well maybe check fleebay. I'm not sure if there are higher end regular pci vid cards. If you like battlefield 2 you would probably like BF2142 but that needs a fairly good card. Maybe find a new motherboard that will fit in your case that has a pci-e slot or atleast a agp slot. Just a thought.

they have everyone of those cards on ebay but none of them will work with my pc, i dont know if i like battlefield or not yet cuz i havent been able to play it, but i was gettin into black hawk down and it just looked to corny so i wanted to get sumthing better and i seen the expansion pack for battlefield 2 and it looked like a good game to try

Last edited:
i like the geforce 5500 but its not on the bf2 list of supported cards, would like to have the rqadeon 256m just to have a new one though

What are your specs on your machine? i kow you said you had this, dell 2400 dimesion with 756mb ram, and a pci 128mb geforce mx4000, but what about the processor? Do you just meet the minimum requirements for the CPU?

I play BF2 with all of the mods....it requires EXACTLY WHAT IT ASKS FOR TO RUN....or better.

Anything less would be uncivilized........:0

I could not help it....but seriously if you want to play BF2 you need a machine that can handle a high end video card or it will not be fun ayway.....which means PCI express or AGP.

My 2 cents.

TalonOne

my processor is 2.66, its a fast computer, better than when it came from dell, this sucks, I'm definately not buying a new motherboard just to play one game, looks like ill be putting it on fleebay