PPR Mud Flaps and body washers - INSTALLED

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So last night I installed my FREE PPR mud flap kit and body washers.

First up was the body washers. I installed them on my SC10 to see if they would take away the annoying body rattle and they do the job very nicely! I love them! The body is nice and snug against the body posts and the body clips were still easy to install. I would recommend these. :thumbup1:

Second was the mud flap kit that went on my Slash. It went on very easily and only took a few minutes to do. I haven't ran the truck with them installed yet but so far I do like the type of rubber used, very flexible. The rod they used to mount the flaps too seems like it will hold up well. I have done a quick bend test and it has a lot of room to take some abuse. As far as looks, they do look very cool on the Slash! It gives it that authentic SCT look for sure. I plan on racing my Slash tomorrow so I will see how they hold up, but so far I like them. :D

img2892oo.jpg

img2893l.jpg

img2895pt.jpg

img2897n.jpg

img2896i.jpg

I seen your pics too. At least you can tell we run our Slashes and we will abuse these things like they should be. Real world testing FTW.

LOL, that's for sure. I'm uploading some vids from Sunday via youtube. I'll post the links soon as they finish loading. Can't wait until Sunday when I get a chance to get back to the track to test them out. Good luck running yours. Take some pics of them in action

Those look great Darth, glad you like them!

Heck ya those look awesome!

So I finally got to race my Slash today with the mudflaps installed and they held up no problem. I could see them flapping in the wind on the track. I got a compliment on them too so I plugged PPR and rcsct. :D

Can't wait

Those flaps look so cool on the Slash.
I can't wait to get a slash or sc10 I got some stainless steel foil to put some trim or a design on the flaps. In the meantime I'll make some for my rustler while saving for a short cource of any kind.

Thoes look great I love watching my sc10 fly around the track with the dirt roostering out the back through the mud flaps.They will be my next purchase for my slash.How is the instalation do they stay put or do they roll around.I tried making some my self but the rod with the flaps on it kept rolling on the bumper could not secure it good enough to stop the rolling.They look great.

The flaps are glued to the carbon shaft and don't move at all. The shaft is secured to the truck with a piece of rubber tubing and zip ties. The shaft sits in the slit of the rubber tubing and is secured quite well with the zipties. PPR recommends putting a few small drops of CA where the shaft sits in the rubber tube, but I left that out to allow for some play when I get hit or crash.

Did I tell you I've race tested these and they passed the durability test?? :D

Perfect thanks for the info nothing like real world testing.They look great definatly my next purchase for my slash thanks again.

that looks great, I love the look of the mud flaps on these little trucks. I like the idea of the body washers I might have to get a set of them for my DRT.

ha the fourth pic down looks real if the drill or whateer that is wasn't there. that truck has had a lot of use from the looks of it, haha

those look really good on there....how are they holding up?

well thats a good deal....i might have to order me a set soon.

those look pretty sweet. any problems with them hitting the ground hard when jumping?

WOW those look simply awesome, the slash needed a rear set to really help set it off.

Back