playstation 3 preview

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs43drifter

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
overview
ps3front.jpg

rear view
ps3back.jpg

all functions
ps3screens.jpg
The PS3's multi-media capabilities came through our tests with flying colors. The console not only played an old VHS tape of Perfect Strangers, but also The New Adventures of Mary Kate and Ashley for Gameboy, and a 1972 Clue board game.

new ergonomical remote
ps3cfront.jpg

optional game shark keychain
ps3cback.jpg

here is what a sony rep had to say
The moment I pulled the PS3 from its protective styrofoam casing, I could already tell that I held in my trembling hands not only the most powerful and awe-inspiring game machine ever made, but the most incredibly important and cosmically significant invention of all time. It was a feeling I hadn't experienced since that Christmas when I got my first Atari 2600. Okay, so that time I was mistaken, but this time I'm sure that someday our grandchildren will ask "Grandpa, what was life like in the dark ages before Playstation 3 brought peace and enlightenment to our fragile Earth?" Mark my words.

To the naked eye, the Playstation 3 looks as one might expect a high-precision, THX-dwarfing, polygon-churning, nitro-burning funny processor would. It's kind of, you know, metallic and shiny, with blinking lights all over it, and a lot of really cool and unique looking ports on the back.

It takes your breath away. It makes your heart feel like it's going to fold inside itself with awe. Just when you think your mind will explode from the sheer incomprehensibility of it all, you notice the big glittery "3" painted in the middle of the CD door, and you are reminded that this isn't some kind of robotic monster sent from the next millennium to destroy us, but the newest love child of our caring and sharing Playstation family.

Still shaking with the pride and excitement of being chosen from the thousands of members of the press to receive the PS3 to America, I immediately strapped on my headset phone and called the information hotline number on the included memo. Without further ado, I proudly present my exclusive interview with Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan's Head of Top Secret Super Lucky Technology, Mr. Johnny Usohappyaku.

lol I liked that, what do you think Xbox will come out with to compete with that?

i dont know the sony rep said it would change the world so i dont know what microsoft will come out with it may mean the end of the world lol

someone has WAYYYY to much time on there hands and honestly maybe some mental problems.

lol i know i was wondering when the ps3 was comming out and i stumbled on this thing i was like OMG i gotta post this on RCNT lol

damn i thought more people would have said somthing my now lol

The GC section isnt consistent. It hits in waves, if you post at the wrong time, your like a new buisness opening right after 9/11. It's not gonna last long.

thats some funny poop there.like ryhton said wonderer when xbox will come out with some thing that power full

Originally posted by zandor22
thats some funny poop there.like ryhton said wonderer when xbox will come out with some thing that power full
It's microsoft....you'll have a custamized satelitte that CRASHES into your house to add games or something. Damn...crashed do you get it...windows...crashes....okay nvm

Originally posted by Waste Land
It's microsoft....you'll have a custamized satelitte that CRASHES into your house to add games or something. Damn...crashed do you get it...windows...crashes....okay nvm
lo ya i got it i live it rotflmfao

i heard they are actually coming out with a ps3 and i thought you were for real damn you :devil: lol

Damn that is advanced:OMG: !!! How much did you pay for it?!?!

The PS3 comes out next summer, and is looking to cost $999.99. It has a surround sound reciever in it, modem, dvd, mp3, and basically everything else you can think of. I guess its gonna be preatty kick ass. But for a grand I think I'm gonna pass until it gets around the $300 if it does.

Originally posted by 4u2nv
The PS3 comes out next summer, and is looking to cost $999.99. It has a surround sound reciever in it, modem, dvd, mp3, and basically everything else you can think of. I guess its gonna be preatty kick ass. But for a grand I think I'm gonna pass until it gets around the $300 if it does.
:OMG: thats a lot of money. you gotta be kidding. yea 300 is about the most i'd pay.

its suppose to replace every stereo setup and have all your audio and picture needs covered. Dumb Idea in my opinon but whatever. What are the games gonna cost then? Like $100? Damn there already $50-$55 which is nutz

yeah i though that a real ps3 was comin out and you like worked at the sony place where they made it. haha. but lol on the gameshark part.
savager

on the site they estimated around like 499 but you know people lie on websites i dont know what it will be

Hey, I bet no one here knows where that "up up down down left right left right B A start" in the controller pic came from. I will give you a hint, its a code to get more lives on a game.:smart:

what game is it?:breakdown