Platinum revo edition. Looking to purchase

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EntityRC

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Looking to get the true platinum edition revo. i know you can just buy a revo and convert but I'm not looking to do that. how is this truck reviews look great. whats the best remote and electronics to drop in it? looking at the spectrum systems.
if anyone has one they are looking to dump new or used pm me

The newer Spektrum radios are really good. I would suggest a DX3s if you're not planning on racing immediately.

I have the spektrum dx3s and it is a great radio. All the features u can imagine. Some of which I haven't discovered yet...lol and its got the telemetry. U can monitor the engines temp, rpm's and vehicle speed all from the digital readout...it comes with a free rx too....hope this helps

I have the spektrum dx3s and it is a great radio. All the features u can imagine. Some of which I haven't discovered yet...lol and its got the telemetry. U can monitor the engines temp, rpm's and vehicle speed all from the digital readout...it comes with a free rx too....hope this helps

Yeah just a side note though, dont run the temp wire beside the exhaust... It throws it way off.. lol (yeah I did it):eek:pps:

Looking to get the true platinum edition revo. i know you can just buy a revo and convert but I'm not looking to do that. how is this truck reviews look great. whats the best remote and electronics to drop in it? looking at the spectrum systems.
if anyone has one they are looking to dump new or used pm me

If your lucky enough to find one, your prolly not going to need to do a lot to it. Might wanna change out the center diff fluid. Its kind thick and imo makes the front wheels pull too hard

Last edited:
Already getting one for 480 with the starter box and JR electronics brand new pumped for it....

Goodluck with the Revo Platinum,I have one and I ending up pulling out the center diff and the rear brake kit because it just puts to much of a load on the front wheels,but I'm just a basher most of the time with the Revo,they say if u don't race at track the center diff and rear brake kit is just a waste of time,when I do go to the track I like to use my Losi 8ight 2.0 converted to brushless for racing.I'm with Hipluther01 on this one in the first part.

MMM wonder why that is with the center diff??? iv heard some bad but most good I'm gonna go for it and project it and see what i can make of it. its just a badass ride compared to the reg revo

Yeah just a side note though, dont run the temp wire beside the exhaust... It throws it way off.. lol (yeah I did it):eek:pps:

If your lucky enough to find one, your prolly not going to need to do a lot to it. Might wanna change out the center diff fluid. Its kind thick and imo makes the front wheels pull too hard

Wouldn't thicker fluid send more power to the rear wheels? Seems like with thin fluid all that power would unload to the front. And thicker would get you closer to what it's like without a center diff.

wasn't this truck set up perfect for the track? i mean if your using it for bashing i can see why some wouldnt like it. one its slower, geared different, and 2 it comes without most of the reg stuff. yet its designed for the track out of the box so I'm guessing what ever they did in the diff's was right? No?

Different tracks have different traction conditions. One setup doesn't work everywhere. Any Mt that can handle some serious racing will more than likely be a good basher. Most may just need a tire and gearing change to handle what ever the conditions are.

really banking on getting this my tmaxx is never hittin the dirt again just way to much money into it vantage carbon chassis, all aluminum parts its my street machine and for anyone with a tmaxx check out the Trinity low-rider kit works awsome to drop your truck down so its unflippable. ill let you guys know how i like the new ride if i get it

Wouldn't thicker fluid send more power to the rear wheels? Seems like with thin fluid all that power would unload to the front. And thicker would get you closer to what it's like without a center diff.

Um... yeah. I think I put 500K in mine and replaced the 100K that it comes with it

Um... yeah. I think I put 500K in mine and replaced the 100K that it comes with it

Might wanna change out the center diff fluid. Its kind thick and imo makes the front wheels pull too hard

Ok there's what you typed, You must have meant it to be the other way around.

Back