Piston scratches.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had this old GS B01 engine that for some reason died very prematurely. I took it apart today and got a good look at it. There are some rather deep scratches, as you can sort of see from the pics. There is a pic of both sides of the piston for comparison as well as all the pieces except for one spring clip. The side that the scratches are on is the same side that the clip was missing from. The sleeve is also ruined as it has an identical set of scracthes too!
2dk01uw.jpg
[/IMG]
2445sb9.jpg
[/IMG]
2z9mb0o.jpg
[/IMG]

Definitely from metal shavings inside. If you plan on reusing the engine make sure that they didn't affect anything else.

I suppose a new piston and sleeve might be cheaper than buying a new engine, I don't really know the cost of them. The other concern I have is with the pilot bearing, (I think that is what it's called). The bearing that rests in the engine block where the output shaft is. It's fit is very, very loose. I haven't determined if the bearing is bad or if the block has stretched. Either way, when the engine was running, alot of fuel was leaking out around it. Any suggestions?

Bearings are shot, the whole block is probably toast if the bearing spun in it. That engine is not worth rebuilding.

Back