Picco .26 Best engine??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i just cracked the crankcase on the stock S25 engine now i need a new one. I hear lots about the Picco from savage owners is this the best for the savage. If not what do you guys reccomend. And if you do reccomend the Picco where can i find one i can only find one site and its not one I've heard of and thats for either the Werks or Outlaw.

Most people I know like the Wasp 26 better, it's basically the same thing, maybe a different carb...

i believe its the same engine just cosmetic differences

the picco/wasp/werks .26 is a great value for what you get. I beleive they go for $190US. I've seen them on Ebay for as little as $120.

There are bigger, badder, faster, stronger enginesout there but the .26 is probably the best bang for the buck so to speak.

Hows the Dynamite .26 thats what my LHS has they say its a real good engine and its $140. But you cnat always believ what a LHS says. So what do you guys think?

i dont have till mid august though i need one within the week cause i dont have a engine right now to use.

I was going to get the Dynamite .26 for mine but found the Picco .26 on ebay for the same price so I went with that and have no regrets. I've heard good things from the guys at one of the lhs by me. They swear by the Dynamite.

if i order the wasp W/O pulstart will i beable to slap on the rotostart or will i have to get one with a P/S?

The Picco P3 Monster, Ofna Picco 26 outlaw, Team orion Wasp 26 and Werks Picco 26 a all the exact same engine, and you can find the for about 165$ many places (www.thercshack.com , http://rcboyz.com/).

and you can't just make a non pullstart picco over to a pullstart version, you will need a new backplade, crankshaft, piston and sleeve, oneway and pullstart shaft

as for the Wasp 28, it looks 100% as the fantom 27, and if you look up the measure also the internal they are exact the same as the fantom 27, even the measure orion have given on the sleeve, piston and stroke, end out giving 0.27 cubic inch !! not 0.28

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the fitting, But the Sirio .27 race/pro engine is fast as hell.
My friend put one in his MGT. It's insane.
I think the Spec is:
3.1 HP
39,000 rpm.
Thats a lot of punch. also expensive!!
link from trinity

That was showing the 27XL. I don't know if it's the same.

Last edited:
is the RC Shack reliable and trustible because the picco is so much cheaper there? Is the a reason for this?

I have both the picco .26 outlaw and the wasp .26 and they both run great. Never had a problem. Don't bother with any of the .28's I think they suck. Just raced a RB .28 and beat the hell out of it. They are good if you looking for torque not speed.

Well I have just got my LST from Rc Shack, very fast deliver, great service and nice to talk with when you need them to sent it out of the US
Domination said:
is the RC Shack reliable and trustible because the picco is so much cheaper there? Is the a reason for this?