Picco .26 and Web Chassis for Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Roc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm 14 and I'm new to RCNitroTalk. I've been wanting to upgrade my trx 3.3 engine for the longest time and well the trx just blew up on me so I figured now is the time to upgrade. I want to get one of those aluminum web chassis that will fit a picco .26 max properly. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good web chassis that will allow a picco .26 max to bolt right on with no mods? Also I was told that I will need to upgarde my drivetrain if I put a picco .26 in there because it just simply has too much power?

Thanks in advance guys!

most all web chassis will have enough room

I extended my chassis this way, I had it posted on another thread so just copy and pasted it, I can put up some pictures of it later if you want.

if your prepared to put a bit of time and effort into it you can extend the chassis yourself, i did this with my tmaxx. Take the engine and fuel tank off and remove the rear assembly. You can either cut up the chassis from another car which is what I did or you can buy a chassis by itself. Cut the chassis to fit lapped underneath the chassis on the tmaxx (you may need to cut a v in it where the driveshaft goes) adding a couple of inches to the rear to make space for the engine and drill the holes to attach it, don't forget about the the brace underneath aswell. Now drill the holes to attach the rear assembly to it. Before you assemble it the centre driveshaft isn't going to reach properly so you will have to use half of one of the longer driveshafts that go to the wheels instead. Now you can reassemble everything and its ready to go. You will to cut some bits off of the leftover chassis and drill holes in them to make up the space between the extended chassis and the engine mount. Now you have the space to put whatever engine you want on it, with better handling aswell, in a cheap way.

Back