Phoenix is hot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsavagable

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey nitrojunkies. Just put my picco .26 in. I am having problems keeping it cool. I'm in Phoenix AZ. and its in the low 100's these days. Is my savage done for the summer? I touched 300 degrees on tank five and don't want to junk the motor, I richened it up to cool it off but now its so rich it wont run WOT, dies everytime. If i lean it out.....up go the temps 270 this time, so, richen it up a teeeny bit and blaaaaah stalled again. I have changed the glow plug (since breakin) also, I'm running mccoy #8. With 20% trinity monster hp fuel. Also, havent seen any wheelies yet.....extended tvps, mugen 3shoe, big joes, cvd's dual tank, 5645mg, humpback rx pack..... What do ya think gang, Am I done for summer? Feeling HOT HOT HOT...

You might want to try cutting some holes in the body to help get rid of that hot air. Also using 30% fuel brings your temps down a little. I was going to say use a mccoy #8, but you already are. You can also go the expensive route and get a new head. That will bring your temps down a bout 30 degrees. Hope this helps a little.

It runs hot even with the body off. 30% fuel eh? I thought that would make it run hotter. It looks like a new head is what is next (money pit). I'm running a CEN pipe as well. Didn't post that before. Any opinions on which head to get? and how many degrees will it reduce the truck? 30 degrees? I thought the Nova head would reduce temps up to 40%? 30 degrees would only be around 10%. Well either way, I can't afford to burn up motors so, shopping I go....

• Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but yes 30% does run cooler. It doesn't sound right but I'm 99% sure. As far as a head, I am waiting to get the Nova head. I dont think it drops the temp 40% cause if you were running 230 that would be around 125:confused: I think you mean 40 degrees instead of %. Thats what people are claiming anyways.
fbfc7bea.jpg

Last edited:
How much was that head Twiztid? where can I get one? And do you know the dimensions of it?

I'm assuming its a direct fit for the Picco .26

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
How much was that head Twiztid? where can I get one? And do you know the dimensions of it?

I'm assuming its a direct fit for the Picco .26
NOVA HEAD Isnt it sweet!!! Ill be having one of these in the next few weeks cause its only $48 bucks. If you get one please post a pic. I havnt seen one on the Picco yet.

Check out CrazyNut Racing They have some nice heat sinks, but some are expensive. You can look on Ebay too, I've seen a couple there!

I've heard that some people are claiming that a Craxy Nut Head during a crash (landing on the head), it may have a tendacy to bend or break off the block due to quality. Nova heads owns all. After talking about the Nova on this thread, I broke down on bought one last night. Only 54.96 shipped.:breakdown

Yes, the more nitro, the less heat it takes to ignite, thus a cooler burning engine. I run a McCoy #9. With McCoy, is it cooler or hotter than a #8???? Can anyone help me out with this one?

Originally posted by TwiZtiD25
I've heard that some people are claiming that a Craxy Nut Head during a crash (landing on the head), it may have a tendacy to bend or break off the block due to quality. Nova heads owns all. After talking about the Nova on this thread, I broke down on bought one last night. Only 54.96 shipped.:breakdown

Do you have a link to where you bought it, and Do they make one for Hyper 21 8p?

Originally posted by Markanthony
Yes, the more nitro, the less heat it takes to ignite, thus a cooler burning engine. I run a McCoy #9. With McCoy, is it cooler or hotter than a #8???? Can anyone help me out with this one?
I think the #8 is cooler. Thats what I'm running in my Picco 26 and it made the temps drop about 10-20 deg.

Originally posted by agm130

Do you have a link to where you bought it, and Do they make one for Hyper 21 8p?
Click on the NOVA HEAD link above and your there.

i put my nova head on yesterday it is running app.20 deg cooler.

Can someone measure the height and width of this head for me?

Back