Parts conspiracy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silcerbullet

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm in the same boat as many, attempting to decide on my first off-road nitro, likely a RC10 GT(+/-) RTR or XXXNT RTR. Part of my decision making trouble is parts availability, as has been mentioned alot(esp concerning the Losi). Seems to me that on the sites I've searched tha the most common "crash" realted parts such as front A-arms (GT) and shock towers(XXXNT) really aren't avaliable as stock replacements. Do the manufacturers dictate this, or am I just not looking in the right place? Please if anyone could hook me up with some links to some complete part sites would help me alot. Thanks

Generically speaking, tower hobbies, horizon hobbies and stormer have quite a bit of stock and aftermarket stuff, but not knowing what you will be getting, it's hard to say. Start with your LHS and see what they stock and what they can order. Most of them can order just about anything and I find the internet to be the least expensive and most comprehensive source for all parts, both stock and aftermarket. For example, I have a GS Storm (RTR). One of my LHS is Hobby Town and they carry all the stock stuff for it, but the other guy (Debbies RC World) carries all the Hardcore Engineering stuff for the Storm. Parts availability played a HUGE part in choosing a machine. Probably why I didn't go with the XTM. Not saying it's a bad buggy, just no where around here to get parts for it. So, do your homework and talk to the guys in here. Two guys you that have helped me tremendously are
Nitroaddict and humboldtblazer. Lots of other good guys here too, but these two have given me the most help.

MilitaryMaxx...you are in Virginia Beach? We need to hook up some time...I'm also in the military and Debbie's RC is my home away from home.

I must add this just to be a help.

Aftermarket parts are great. I have an RC10GT RTR+ and with the RPM aftermarket A-Arms, I never have had a problem. It was a well worthwhile purchase, and I'll make it again "if" I ever break my a-arms hehe.

But like Military said, do your homework. Figure out what your local place has for parts, then do research on the RC itself. See if it's what you're looking for. That's exactly what I did, and I made a good choice in my honest opinion. :)

Back