OS 15 Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MM Engineering

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm having some problems with my OS CV-X engine. Whenever i start it, it just can't hold a tune. The idle is very erratic, and after i go WOT and let off the throttle, the engine instantly dies.
Can someone also clear up low end tuning for me? I have never been able to tune the low end, it's very farfetched for me. I just remember something like if it dies after 2 seconds turn clockwise or the idle goes up.. bla bla bla its hard to remember. If someone could explain it to me in simpleton terms that would be cool.

If it helps any I'm using a starter box, RD pipe, Drake header, and hardcore racing cooling head.

It sounds like you may have an air leak. You might want to check the tank, fuel filter and fuel lines, seal the carb base where it mounts to the block, and the backplate. These are all common places where an air leak can and will occur. This will cause the eratic idle and not holding a tune.

Good info NC, You may also want to look into something. My friend had this problem a few weeks ago with his mach .15. With the needle vavles are small rubber o-rings that help support the needle valve and stop vibrations from letting them move. His, well.. Wore out. He couldn't figure the problem out, he didn't have an air leak, and he didn't have any problems other than that. And the engine has only been through a gallon. So we stripped the carb and looked, the needle valve on the high speed adjustment was unbelievably loose. So we went ahead and contacted some experts at the local shop, and they told us that the needle's should be snug for tuning, if they aren't we should replace that o-ring. We did just that, and problem solved. One Nitro Stampede back in action, doing wheelies on demand. :)

Just a thought. :)

Good luck with solving the problem.

-AoD