Opinios Or Rate My New Car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devils-Reject

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Opinios Or Rate My New Car
i after 2 weeks of researching decided to get a red cat Backdraft 3.5
i herd nothing but good things about it
anyone have experience with red cats or the backdraft 3.5
RRBackdraft35-Blue_03.jpg

CAR SPECS
Motor Type: Nitro 3.5cc. .21 SH
Transmission: 2-Speed Sealed Transmission
Drive System: 4 Wheel Drive
Length: 490mm
Width: 305mm
Height: 190mm
Wheelbase: 325mm F/R
Ground Clearance: 30mm
Fuel Tank Capacity: 125cc
Chassis Type: 3.0mm 6061 Aluminum
Brake Type: Composite Disc
Shocks: Oil Filled Big Bore Shocks
Radio System: Redcat DSM-2C 2.4GHz Remote & Receiver

Looks ok, a lot of plastic. Should be good to bash and learn 1/8 scale. Looks to weak to race.

well its got a sh .21 motor it has allot of plastic but I'm not a comp racer and i have owned several nitro cars and never once broke any of the plastic a-arms or anything . i can also remake anything from aluminum and plan to redo allot of parts that way.

i have herd nothing but great things about this car and i will do an out of the box video review of this car and also a maiden run review and put on youtube.

i am also building a 1/5 scale firehammer mt with a 49cc 4 stroke motor.

Last edited:
looks fun have you seen redcats brushless buggy comes with eveything need to run with 2 2s lipos too

they are for the meantime i am making new ones from 1/8 hardened steel
i am also making the a-arms out of the same steel they will be super strong and still light weight.
i am going to make many more front and rear set of the a-arms and sell in a package. i know allot of people with this same car on another forum...

and this car is super fast i love it. and its a huge 1/8 scale bigger than normal 1/8 scales

There's a couple reasons why metal a arms are bad. Mostly because they send the force of a wreck or hard hit to where they mount. Usually a more expensive and deeper part to get at and replace. Second, if they don't break, they bend. Just as useless as a broken one. A arms are cheap. I'd find some aluminum axle carriers though. Shock towers wouldn't hurt either as long as the body posts are plastic.

i have aluminum shocks and 4 sets of extra a arms and lots of other extra parts. i am a machinist and i am making all kinds of parts the area that the a arms connect are metal as well, i am ordering aluminum axle carriers, for front and rear right now. the shock towers are plastic but i am remaking them in steel.
this steel will not bend its hardened

yes the steel is heavy but very strong, so i am going to highly port them, that will remove allot of excess weight.
if i could find stock aluminum i surly would do that but its not readily available to me.

IMO, I think the car is an epic fail...Too much plastic, even for a beginner basher. The whole concept of an 1/8th scale buggy is to be a rough and tough racer, and from a stock point, it is neither. Adding steel to the equation, no matter how much material removal is done, will still make it a pig. Also, take into consideration your parts source...If you local hobby shop doesn't stock it, I'd be iffy on purchasing it. I race one of the heaviest, and in my opinion, the stoutest buggy's...Team Losi 8IGHT-E...It's a damn tank, but its composed on the track and it suits my driving style..But before I bought, I had the opportunity to test drive quite a few different buggy's. I suggest you do the same, bud...Good luck to ya and God Bless.

Back