Opinions please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSantana

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi everyone,

As stated in the title, I'm looking for any input on the Futaba 3pm radio system. I've currently got a R133f receiver, 3305 steering servo, and 3004 throttle servo on my HPI nitro3 with this TX and it seems to work ok. Question is, I now have an mtx-4 and was wondering if i should stick with futaba electronics or move on to another system (ie KO Propo, Sanwa, etc) and if so, is the equipment on the HPI good enough to keep or should i scrap that too? Thanks in advance everyone. :cheers:

if you are going to start racing in organized races with the MTX-4, i suggest upgrading to spektrum. a good digital servo will be better off for you in the long run because the speed and accuracy is needed for taking precise passing lanes through the track.

in my MTX-4 i have the ko 2363 for steering and futaba 9550 for throttle. since i am using the spektrum, i had to install a capacitor in the reciever. i also use the same setup in my serpent 710. this setup is high in price but i never need to upgrade my electronics again.

Great!

Thanks for the info. Also, what about my Tx? I currently have a futaba 3pm and although it's supposed to be HRS and has a plethora of adjustments, I don't quite know if it'll be anything better than a decent "basher" radio especially since it goes off of individual crystals rather than modules. Is the 3pk any better or should I look to another company?

** thanks again...I'm just looking to get something going so that I can have a good, responsive system on my MTX-4 and not have to change too much on the HPI (i'd still like to keep the servos for that car)

The 3PK is the better radio between the 2. The added plus to the 3PK is that you can add the spektrum module in the future. I have the model before it (3PJs).

Ask Vito at the hobby shop. He'll tell you the same thing.

Just remember, the better the equipment, the higher the cost ;) That KO servo that my brother suggested (2363) is the same servo that I also use in my 710 and MTX-4. I absolutely love it. Fast, responsive and very reliable. Just remeber, you will need to get the capacitor if you upgrade to the spektrum. I had problems with my spektrum during highspeed switchbacks while racing. It activated the failsafe (low voltage) because I was using the 2363. The capacitor will even out the power spikes and valleys.

great,

Thanks for the info. I think i'm going to be getting rid of the 3pm & rx and going to get a ex-10 helios w/spektrum (i'll also give the 2363 a try). I've been reading around and heard some good things about it (and vito suggested it the other day). Once again, thanks for all the help. :)

There is a 3PK and an EX-10 there in the store. Try them both out. You can't go wrong with either one.