Ok, I'm missing something..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCDad

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
On my RS4 2 the engine has like a hex shaped thing that looks like a place to put something in to start the engine.

What is that thing?

Signed..*clueless*

p.s. all the parts this car was missing finally arrived, looking forward to putting it back together this weekend.

Where exactly is this hex shaped thing? Do you have a picture of it?

Sounds like you may have a rotostart or a thunder drive.

It's on the opposite end of the crackshaft (opposite of the end that you would put the clutch on). It looks like you stick some allen wrench drill kinda thing in and start it up that way.

It's at home so I don't have a picture handy.

I'll probably buy a pull start for it eventually.

sounds like the E start that I got for my Schumacher. I love it. it uses a cordless torque drill and is great to use to start the engine. I removed a pull start to install this.

I wonder if I can just use a cordless drill and an allen bit?

Here is a picture, not a good one, do you see the thing on the back on the engine?

rs42-1.jpg

Can anyone identify what I need to start this engine?

I've got a bad feeling I'm going to have to buy a pull start for this engine.

Anyone know what the part number would be for the HPI .15 engine pullstart?

do you have an allen key that fits? If you do put it in and turn it. the engine should turn over. If that works then you won't need a pullstart and its much easier with the allen key.

The only thing is that's alot of extra hardware to haul around, an electric drill with an allen bit I mean..

if that's a HPI .15 engine, then you will be happy to find in the package I sent you the stock T-15 engine that has a pullstart mounted on it. It has good compression but just needed a head as I can see that the one in your photo above would most likely fit that's if it is an HPI .15 engine you got showing.