oh god please somebody help me out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wick

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok here is the situation, i was traveling in the states today( i live in vancouver canada) and on a whim i decided to check out a local hobby shop(hobby town in bellingham) i figured i would see what they had for a replacement/upgrade for my old tmaxx 2.5r. all my friends have revos with upgraded motors so i wanted to at least keep up with them a little better. so i asked him what he recommended and he sold me on the os .21vg-pes. well i am home now and i took out the old motor and tried..... key word tried. to install the os .21 and guess what it dosnt fit at least as far as i can tell i went on to the os web site and they do make a replacement motor for the tmaxx but it has a diffrent part number and has less power. can some one tell me how f#&%ked i am or am i completly stupid and this motor will work. or if this motor dosnt work can someone tell me what motor should i get i asked about the 3.3 when i was at the hobby shop and he said the os was a better motor and more reliable and it was only 10 dollars more so please HELP MEEEE i am dont wanna have to make another 2 hour drive if i dont have to but if i do what motor should i get?

That engine has a pilot shaft, so I don't think it will work.

Ok... you have a 2.5R in the truck now and your trying to put in a 21 VG.

The problem is you need a big block conversion to use that engine. It won't fit without it. The crank case is too big. You will also need a new exhaust system.

This is the only OS that is currently available that will drop in:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRTM1&P=ML

Will be more than enough power for a t-maxx.

Or, you can save $100 and get something that is similar in price the the 21VG you have.
This: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXVDD6&P=7
or this: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKHF0&P=7
are both drop in engines that are real bruisers for the t-maxx.

thats what i thought i didnt think i was that stupid . thank you both for your help, i guess its back to the hobby shop to get something else.

I wouldn't say you were "stupid"... you didn't flame me for my advice, which means you learned something. Stupid people ridicule those that try to help them.

It's a hobby that requires quite a bit of learning. Next time your going to plunk down some $ on something, do a bit more research and don't be afraid to ask. No matter how "good" a deal is, if it doesn't work for you at all, then it's not that good of a deal for you. ;)

Believe me... I've been there. My first MT purchase was done with very little research. I ended up with a maxx because it had reverse (yay LHS guy...). When really, if I had read a bit more, I would have realized a small block rig wouldn't suit me for what I had to run it in.

The 3.3 is plenty of engine for the maxx. $150 US will get you one. That will drop right in for you and cause less drive train problems than one of the "drop in" big blocks like the two I listed.

ya i went today and picked up a 3.3 and a tuned pipe for it got it all in and gonna start breaking it in next weekend. funny story though, when i went to return the os .21 the sales person told me that it would fit and that i just had to finesse it a little to make it all work i laughed and asked for the 3.3 just to save any future agravation. wow gotta say that little pull starter is a work out though lol can't wait for the weekend. ahh who i am kidding screw the neighbours i am gonna start tomorrow after work...... oh another question
does any body know when they released the wide maxx suspension for the t-maxx my maxx was a 2.5 version and i remember that after i got mine they released a wider suspension no my question can i go order the parts to make mine wider or is my maxx already as wide as i can get again thanks for any input and before anyone gives me crap i have tried to research this but on the traxxas website they have the same part # for the t-maxx 2.5r and the classic t-maxx upper and lower control arms and the 2.5r and the 3.3 are the same width

I don't remember a wider set... they made a set that were kicked back a bit for the revo so it gave you a longer wheelbase.

The 2.5+ is wider than the original maxx (pro-15 maxx).

iv had a 3.3 for 6 mo. its not a bad engine, makes good horsepower. there is some learning curve on tunning.