Ofna picco .26 Big Block

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrudgE

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is needed to mount a Picco .26 Big block in a Revo. I bought this engine used for $40 bucks has great compression just need to know whats needed to mount it. Do I need a new clutch bell ect....

I believe all you need is the Traxxas big block mounting kit.

Scrogg will know for sure, there are a few other guys on here who should know too.

Um.... i have a picco .26 in my revo and it really has a ton of power i used the 36t spur gear and 16t cb combo it works great and all u should need is a ofna mount and it should work.

Would I beable to use the tmaxx ofna mount to install a .21 ofna engine into my t-maxx? Sorry for stealing your thread.

The Ofna mounts for the T-Maxx and the Revo are specifically for the engines Ofna made to fit in the Maxx and Revo. They are not for any big block engines, they are for the Picco .21 and .26 Mid-Block engines.
You need a true big block conversion kit to install a big block engine. Most kits tell you what engines fit.
My 2 cents, if you want a big block buy a big block truck...A big block will eat a Revo's drivetrain too easily. It will be cheaper in the end to buy a Savage or LST than to keep modifying the Revo to handle all that torque.
The Picco .26 mid-block for the Revo and T-Maxx is as big as you can safely go without major mods and money.

I was just wondering, i already have a 3.3 t-maxx with a os21tm. I found a .21 ofna for $75 from an 1/8 buggy just wondering if I could throw it in since my driveline is already macked out.

Then all you need is a BB engine mount kit. A Ofna .21 would prob. be safe to run in it. I run the O.S. 21TM also. Good choice. I can't believe O.S. wants 299 bucks for it these days! It's not that great.

It was $400 after tax when I got it. I think I'll just wait on the big block kit, I'm looking at buying a brushless lipo rustler and maybe a 3.3 jato too so I have enough speed :p

My 2 cents, if you want a big block buy a big block truck... It will be cheaper in the end to buy a Savage or LST than to keep modifying the Revo to handle all that torque.

I couldn't agree more. I hated the revo when I had a XTM24.7 in it... If your for full on WOT straight runs or you like standing back flips, a BB revo is the way to go. With more than a decent 18 or the 3.3 in it, I felt that the revo was overpowered and ass heavy with a true BB in it.