Official RCNT Bash - Hampton Roads 2007

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Select the best weekend or weekends for the you...

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
3645EP_Buggy_Blast.jpg

It has been a bit since I hosted a Bash, but it looks like it is time to do it again. After a two year vacation from the hobby courtesy of the United States Navy, I am back.

Many of you I know and remember, but I have noticed that there are a lot of new faces. Well a good bash is a great way to get acquainted with new people and make new friendships along with re-affirming old friendships.

Back in the day, El Pirata - the master of disaster, and I hosted three of these bashes and destroyed our buggies over and over again as we tried to reach new heights and distances in flight.

Details:

When: 28*, 29, 30 September
* indicates that Friday is an optional bash day open for discussion.

Where: The Hampton Roads Supertrack

Here is their location link: Location

Here is a Google Map starting point to work with: GoogleMap

Who will be there?

Certain:
Skymaxx

Maybe:
Digger
ImBroken
Lessen
NCNitro (if ImBroken can con him into it...)
vbgagnon
WoodiE

Send me a PM to get added to the list.

VIDS from previous Hampton Roads Bashes. Note, these are not dial-up friendly and are lengthy. So sit back and watch for a while...

HR BASH 2004 (33mins long/97MB MP4/60MB MOV) Check time index 17:14 in the video that produced the picture above.

MP4 File

MOV File

We did two bashes in 2004, and this is a shorter video showing some massive air...(2.5 mins long/28MB MP4)

MP4 File

Check this thread often for updates. If you are on the list and your status needs to be changed (maybe to certain, certain to maybe, or removed period), let me know.

--------------------------------
Update (1933, 19 July 2007):

Closed the poll, selecting the last weekend in September.
Refreshed update list to remove old stuff and shorten this post.

--------------------------------

Last edited:
If things work out well with work I might be in the VA area. I won't have my rig though but I would like to stop in.

Mark me as possible - I've just checked the distance and from Lexington, KY to Virginia Beach, VA it's about a 9 hour drive. Airfare is about $400 for two tickets as I'm sure the lil lady would love to check out the beach while I run my FG MT5 into things.

R/C: FG Monster Truck 1/5 scale
Radio: Spektrum DX3

-Michael

Done and done...

WoodiE, the bash site is about 45 minutes from the beach. If she is cool with you doing your thing while she gets some sun, then your plan will more than work.

You can mark me as 90% to the good for early Sept. We'll make it a family vacation. She and the little one will do their thing while I run up the vacation tab with a new parts list :D

VEHICLES
TMaxx
TTR S3 maybe

FREQUENCY
Spektrum

Last edited:
Great idea!

The nearest hobby shop that can support with parts is a HobbyTown USA. The best hobby shop in the area is out in Chesapeake, about 45 mins from the bash site. They are open from 0900 - 1800 on Sat/Sun. So we will need to work the spare parts business carefully. If you are driving down, I'd recommend bringing a healthy supply of spares....just to prevent having to run around late in the day.

I'm a maybe.

Not bringing anything, but I would like to hang with you guys for a bit.
Both me and the 'ol lady need a weekend out of town.

Hanging out it always welcome...You could be the cameraman...always need a good cameraman to help capture the event...:D

Heck yeah! I'll bring both of our good camera's. We'll put together a badass video afterwards!

Hanging out it always welcome...You could be the cameraman...always need a good cameraman to help capture the event...:D
Sorry bro. Mine is about 10 years old... Takes the huge vcr tapes. :LoL:

Maybe I'll get another one before the bash.

not to worry. We'll have the media thing covered. I have an 8.0 megapixel SLR with a 300mm lens and a HD/HD video camera.

My wife is already lookin into places to stay.

Put me in as a possible attendee... I'll see if I can get NC to join me on the trip... Hell, it might be worthwhile to take the train...

Sorry bro. Mine is about 10 years old... Takes the huge vcr tapes. :LoL:

Maybe I'll get another one before the bash.

Not to worry. I have all the gear we could need, and it looks like Lessen has volunteered some more...in fact, his is better than my own. We would just need someone willing to take lots of pictures and shoot lots of video. I usually end up compiling it and building a movie out of it. I posted a couple in the starting post of this thread.

Put me in as a possible attendee... I'll see if I can get NC to join me on the trip... Hell, it might be worthwhile to take the train...

Consider it done. It would be great to meet you...NC...already met him and think he's an assbag...but don't tell him I said that. :D

not to worry. We'll have the media thing covered. I have an 8.0 megapixel SLR with a 300mm lens and a HD/HD video camera.

My wife is already lookin into places to stay.

Sounds great. If you need any help finding accomodations or have a preference let me know, and I'll see what I can dig up. As for the camera gear, bring it along. It sounds like yours is more modern than my own.

ill try to convince my mom to let us go to VA beach, they could stay at the beach and ill be flipping it hopefully :green-grin:

Let me know when you are a bit more certain, and I'll add you to the list.

Ok guys since there has been no dates set I'll let you know which dates are NOT good for me.

Weekends of Aug 11th, Sept. 8th, or Sept 23rd.

That's my schedule thus far.

-Michael

Noted. Schedule the event for those dates. =devil

I will take a good look at the track schedule tonight and post some proposed dates. :D

Official RCNT Bash Dates Poll

Select the weekend that works best for you. Asterisks indicate that Saturday of the weekend in question is a race night. That means we can expect kids on bikes to start arriving pretty much around 3PM as the registration starts at 6PM and the races start at 7PM. These weekends would be good for early day bashing followed by good eats...and then a Sunday of solid bashing before people have to hit the road.

I have added a poll to this page for the potential dates of the bash. Note, you can select more than one weekend that you like. Also, your vote is a public one...so if you vote, your name will show by what you voted for. This will allow me to figure out who I am working with regarding coordination for the date of the bash.

Note, some of the weekends are race weekends. Arrival of kids on bikes might interfere with bash time on those particular weekends. They are indicated by an asterisk.

Also, the weekends in question could be turned into three day weekends with the bash actually starting on a Friday should there be enough interest.

Not going to vote Bro.
I'll just be there to watch if I make it. Don't really think that qualifies for a vote.
But the last 3 are better for me.
Maybe I'll take a few more days. 'Ol Lady is stessed real bad. I need to find something for her.

No worries. Would be glad to have you. Just make certain to bring plenty of diapers. I hear you are getting old and may need them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back