O.K. Someone Plz Explain this to me....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach.21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Last week i went to denver Colorado which is 5280 ft from Topeka which is like 400 ft.... When i got up there i did the same ol same ol and tuned it so it would run good.....But neways i tuned it and i couldnt get it to run below 290 degrees......(i was running 20% bYRON rACE FORMULA) sO I WENT to the local hobby shop and picked up some 25% Trininty Monster Horsepower... And the tempetures magically shot down to 250.......Now tell my why the tempetures dropped with more nitro?????????????????????????????????????????????????

the more nitro the cooler it runs 20% wil run a little hottrer than 30% with the same amount of oil. But you also sacrafice engine life with higher nitro content.

Almost,
The higher nitro content will make the engine run more efficiently therefore it will run cooler when tuned properly.

The downside is that the engine runs more efficiently and if your settings are to lean you will not get enough lubrication causing premature wear.

The use of 20% is a great balance for everyday running. It is a lot more forgiving than 25-35%. The change of altitude will mess with your tuning. Given enough time and experimentation, you would have gotten your tuning dialed in with 20%. Higher nitro was a quick fix.

Isn't the nitro almost the equivalent to liquid oxygen? I read somewhere that it was and for folks in the higher altitudes, this is what they run to compensate for the thinner air.

It could have been RCCA, so take it with a grain of salt.

I thought that Monster HP had more oil in it than the Race Fuel. Wouldn't that also bring down the temps?

It might have, but then again, who really knows... It's like FastEddy said, if it was tuned properly (more patience), it probably would have worked out with the byron fuel.

I don't run over 20% just to avoid overheating. It's worked well for me. I run the trinity MHP 20%. I think it's a 12% caster/synthetic blend.

Well i tried to tune it with the20 % but i just couldnt get it.....But i did with the 25%....

BTW, I came back to topeka and ran the 25% and i thought that it was going to liftoff off the ground....But there was no wing lol