now much nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my hobby shop guy wants to go over and see how much nitro it takes to blow up an engine. so ill grab my nitro and mixing glass tube and the S.G. glass. i do have an OLD bottle of 54%, and an unknow % course ill take my fire extinguisher. my 5 lb dry chem. but NOT my halon. it is ONLY for REAL important fires. i can't get it serviced any more. dont forget water will put out a methanol fire. dont call the fire department just yet. and DO pray for us. film at 11. LOL LOL

make sure you get some video!!!
can't do video. BUT we did make 50---60---70---80% bottles. it was cold so we got a run on 50% Jato. with a O.S. 18. stock tires, tall gears. 45 MPH. one run 60% 48 MPH and it pulled the front tires off the ground at speed. rear tires got very big. the weather is to be better tomorrow and sat.

It's monday night now moe what happened..lol

Homebrew is a killer !!!!! lmao

Hope she is ok moe....didn't know or I might not of poked a Lil fun

Hope she is ok moe....didn't know or I might not of poked a Lil fun
yep mom is fine. been having to taker her to the doctors a lot. she has alzheimers. i moved in to moms house last aug. and in nov, a friend moved in and she is taking care of mom. she knows a lot about this sort of things i dont. and she is easy on eyes. some times God sends an angel to help.

just went to the hobbie shop. after i left last week. my friend ran two diff cars. with a range of gears and tires. bottom line the extra nitro after 60% did not raise the top speed. traxxas says the Jato will do 60 MPH. he could only get 48 MPH out of any car / nitro %. with O.S engine .21. so it means the top speed is controlled mostly by engine top RPM RPM / gears / tires. the nitro will only get there faster. and blow up the engine.

yeah the traxxas speed ratings are always higher than whats realistic. A lot of what people say their kits will run is higher than whats realistic too I think, unless they have GPS video.