Novarossi supercharged...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSampson

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a new engine, the novarossi 2.5 and the crankshaft is not threaded how can i make it threaded?

Thanks!

The inside of the crankshaft is not threaded

Sorry for the confusion

It probably uses an e clip to hold the bell on

I can't get the e clip on because it's a nitro 4 tec bell and the crank shaft is to short

Then my guess would be you'll have to get a different CB...and please tell me you didnt put a stoopidcharger on a beautiful Rossi engine... :p

No I didn't put a supercharger on its just what it's called

Is there a extender I can put on and if so how does it go on, I ordered the traxxas clutch extender

I bought the 2.5 supercharged novarosssi engine and It seems that the crankshaft is to short i can't get the e clip on, it is not threaded is there an attachment to get to make this engine threaded

That engine is designed for the Revo and Maxx which don’t use an extended 2 speed bell and the e-clip works for them.
Due to the design of the 4Tec 2 speed clutch bell you will most likely need a threaded crankshaft so you can use the 3mm screw that recesses inside the 4Tec bell.
(You probably will not be able to drill and tap/thread a crank yourself unless you are a machinist with some good tools).
You could run it as a single speed with a different bell, but that wouldn’t be much fun would it…
The clutch extender (as you put it) will not help.