North East Racing starts soon!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossb

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm going to be running both off-road (TRAX 70) and on-road touring (FBF) this year. I got a bunch of new parts in the off-season for both of my rides. Who else is going to be running in the N/E?

I am sure I will be out to Traxx 70 a few times, unfortunately it's a three hour trip each way or I would love to go more often. It really sucks theres no place to run out here on the island, other than Southshore Hobbies electric carpet racing, and that guy is insane charging $10 per hour for practice, but I guess you can get away with that when you have absolutely no place else to run.

I have heard some guys set up a track at the Ronkonkama train station on Sundays, so I will check that out. It's not really organized, with transponders or anything, but it's still a way to burn some nitro and have some fun.

if all goes well this summer i'll be out a couple times this year to trax 70 to run MT class. just need to get the engine retuned and i should be good...

Just curious, Ross. What class or classes you plan on running off-road? Man, I hope your season gets off to a better start than my did a couple weekends ago! Two runaways and tuning issues out the wazoo, but it was still a blast.

Good luck this season!

Omg, I am so stoked for rc season. If this guy ever pays for the MSR that he BOUGHT, i could get my CRT and be happy :)

Just curious, Ross. What class or classes you plan on running off-road? Man, I hope your season gets off to a better start than my did a couple weekends ago! Two runaways and tuning issues out the wazoo, but it was still a blast.

Hey, I run a ROAR legal Savage in the Monster Truck class.

Hey Ross, you might want to try using some oil in your shocks this year :whistle:

BWAAAAAAAH!! No more droopy back ends...........

No racing for me this year. Zero time.

Just club racing for me..... and I don't get to that but maybe 1 or 2 times a month if that. I am still looking forward to racing season though!

Tom

Hey Ross, you might want to try using some oil in your shocks this year :whistle:

I fixed that at the end of last season :) I replaced all of the shock seals and filled the shocks with 30W. The scary part is I still placed about 3rd with zero shock oil.

Tom how far a drive is OH for you?

Depends on which part of Ohio.... To get to the boarder I am about 6 hours... give or take. It would be nice to get to a "Real" race though. It would be nice to actually put the CRT and CR on a real track and really see what they can do.

Tom

I might make a weak attempt to get back into it.
I have some issues that I hope will be worked out by that time.

I'll bring the nitro clean, and Zippo!

I might make a weak attempt to get back into it.
I have some issues that I hope will be worked out by that time.

I'll bring the nitro clean, and Zippo!

He's BAAAACK!!!!

welcome back...good to see u floating around

Just club racing for me..... and I don't get to that but maybe 1 or 2 times a month if that. I am still looking forward to racing season though!

Tom

tom should you ever want to run electric touring car, gimme a shout, i have a spare car setup and ready to go, just needs a receiver dropped in. i race at hobbytown fredrick on saturdays.

to answer robs question from the original post. i will be racing 1/10 mod electric buggy in local and states races, Roar Regional 1/8th Buggy Championship, and the Team Express Paved Onroad Championship. i will also be supporting club racing and my LHS all season long between the big races.

Last edited:
tom should you ever want to run electric touring car, gimme a shout, i have a spare car setup and ready to go, just needs a receiver dropped in. i race at hobbytown fredrick on saturdays.

to answer robs question from the original post. i will be racing 1/10 mod electric buggy in local and states races, Roar Regional 1/8th Buggy Championship, and the Team Express Paved Onroad Championship. i will also be supporting club racing and my LHS all season long between the big races.

Thanks Corrado... I might take you up on that. My father has been after me to get a touring car so that he could justify getting one. Frederick is only about 2 hours away. Easy drive. Thanks

Tom

Wow havent seen you on here in some time Chris. I'll call you this weekend to see if Bob still wants the Jammin.

godale03, if you want some good compitition, head up to the Hobby Hut. Or come up a little more and check out Extreme RC

Back