Noob needs some advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyJaffa

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place but i fancy doing a four wheel steer convertion to my savage x ond was wondering if anyone knew of a kit that i could purchase, many thanks,jim.

Cheers for that, had been googling last night but obviously not asking for the right thing (carn't you tell I'm a noob LOL.) looks a bit pricey though will do some more digging and thanks again.

Not sure why you want to do this, but at high speed this thing will be out of control. Then the slightest turn of the wheels will make the truck go topside, and it would be a pain in the buttox to try and line up the two axles straight. That being said, if you still want to do it...

That RB Innovations kit is crazy expensive, 130$ for a piece of metal it's insane. Here's an idea for you, might involve a bit of DIY, but nothing extravagant.

Look at your steering setup in the front. All you need to do is recreate the same setup in the back, and use a Y connector for your new servo in the back. You can buy a cam servo saver kit for 15$ at Amain hobbies http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/25549. Add a few bucks for the rod and wire, and a couple pieces of metal, to hold all that in place and that should be it. I don't think I would try with one servo, as it might hinder the performance. Yes you could buy a crazy strong servo for big bucks, but that would defy the purpose of DIY.

Here are some pics of a guy who did it: http://www.freewebs.com/hpi_savage/4wspics.htm

If you want a kit I think New Era also had one a while ago, not sure if they still sell it though, and I don't think I would buy New Era to be honest ;) For sure there are not a whole lot of kits for this out there...and for a good reason: it's just not that good of an idea.

Hope this helps!

Not sure why you want to do this, but at high speed this thing will be out of control. Then the slightest turn of the wheels will make the truck go topside, and it would be a pain in the buttox to try and line up the two axles straight.

You nailed it. It's not a crawler.