no power to fronts on savage flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz2003uk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a savage flux
and noticed today after fitting a middle skid plate that only the rear wheels have power so i am only getting 2wd not 4wd

so removed the front skid plate and had a look into why i am a complete noob with all this and its all new to me so if my terms are wrong please point me in the right direction with corrections

free wheeling the front wheels only spins the opposite side wheel
free wheeling the rear wheels only spins the opposite side wheel
with batteries connected and throttle only rears spin this is forward and reverse

from under the truck (i believe its the diff the large housing in the middle (correct me if I'm wrong) there is 2 dog bones coming off it one to the front one to the rear
both spin with throttle forward and reverse
following the dog bone to the front of the car the part that connects the dog bone this spins under throttle
next part connected is a small cog this does not spin under throttle (i believe this is the problem teeth look fine on it tho

also when free wheeling the front wheels it spins the large cog that also spins the smaller cog

i am hoping i have explained myself well enough for peeps to understand lol

question is what could or likely my problems is
what parts would i likely need (as would rather have the part before i strip it down

i have also attached a pic just in case it helps

if there is anything else that is needed for more info plz let me know

cheers baz

IMG_0818.gif

In that picture, that little gear (output gear?) looks liek it has some busted teeth on it, maybe I am wrong, but if you have 2wd all the time you definatly need to pull the front diff off and investigate. And while your at it, clean your rig man that makes me nautious lol :D

While your at it, add some loctite to all of those screw shafts. They are a common problem.

Back