nitro powered crawlers??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you will burn up the clutch too quickly.

The x factor is a nitro crawler, but it pointless for crawling, truck would have to do a lot of idling.

i built one and your gettin all the right input from these guys you go through clutche shoes and all sorts of other stuff.

lol...thats what i figured..thanks for the input.
I saw on the traxxas site they made a crawler out of a Revo..looks awsome, but just for "show"...what a waste.

Scott

The .12 TZ is the only thing with the amount of torque like an electric motor. Build something suiting that weight and power, you might have a crawler. A nitro prob has better luck in climbing.

Nirto crawler...That's two words that dont belong in the same sentence LOL. The revo on the Traxxas site didn't crawl over anything, it climbed and ran over a few things but it didn't crawl. :2cents:

the reason they did that on the traxxas site is to try to get even more people to buy it. you definitly need to go with an electric in the crawling area of the rc world.

Hey Haganator, Welcome to RCNT! Great to see you here! I enjoy stopping by Clod Talk rather often. I do more reading than posting but it's a very nice site. :cheers:

Nitri crawler?

First low RPM torque...a problem.Say you install a BIG block with gobs of torque your clutch will wear fast.And simply say you have both torque and a durable clutch.

Electric crawlers are smoother any day and will win.An electric motor has monster torque at starting,combustion engines dont.And with clutches the engagement would be abrupt.Electric no such problem

T'was NITRO not nitri :rolleyes:

Where is the edit ?

plaid, he did...in his first line

time to change the water in the tank?... maybe geting a little cloudy LOL