Nitro Fuel of Choice??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, O'donnell is clear and that does make it hard to see when the tank is dusty. Can you add dye to it? Can anyone help here?

Maybe colored fuel sent will "dye" it enough?? Used MHP 20%...now goint to Trinity Platinum 30%

Trinity MHP 20%, thinking about going to up to 30%.

jon2 said:
Moved to appropriate forum

Jon2
RCNT Staff

jon2,

I placed this in the Savage forum to see what people were running in their Savages. I am would question the people running %10 & %30 but I don't think they are talking BigBlock off-road vehicles.

20% is good in BB but 30% is also used a lot, the fuel will work fine in a SB and a BB just dont go highrer then 40%

O'Donnell 20% in 1/10 scale and 30% in 1/8 scale

I found this info on the web. There are only a few fuel makers.

POWER MASTER Makes:
.Power Master
.TRAXXAS Top Fuel

WILDCAT makes
.Wildcat
.Cox
.HPI
.Monster Fuel
.Hobby Town

O'donnel makes
.O'donnel

Morgan Fuel makes
.Red Alert
.Blue Thunder
.Omega

O'donnell 20% in my T-Maxx
O'donnell 20% will go in my Warhead when it gets here!
but I have stuck with Byrons 20% w/12% oil in my xtermintr because thats what I broke it in with and it seems to scream on the stuff so why change that one I said.
everything else I ever get will more than likely be O'donnell 20% though.

i used trinity 20% for the most part..i did try blue thunder for one tank, and it never died on me..my savage would idle for ever!!! So i may switch..not sure yet

when i used trinity..it wouldnt idle as long..i currently have almost a full gallon of 30% trinity, but when its consumed..i may switch to BT and give it a try.

I found this on another list server

What kind of fuel do you use

Trinity Monster Fuel 13% [ 8 ]
O'donnell 27% [ 16 ]
Red Alert 3% [ 2 ]
HPI 3% [ 2 ]
Traxxas Top Fuel 12% [ 7 ]
Wildcat 0% [ 0 ]
Power Master 3% [ 2 ]
Sidewinder 5% [ 3 ]
Blue Thunder 17% [ 10 ]
Not Listed 13% [ 8 ]

TOTAL VOTES (58)

It all depends on what your doing...(bashing,racing...etc.. I use Sidewinder 30% Worlds in my 1/8 scale that I race.

I'm using blue thunder seems to work great and smooth, but the place i bought my savage is 2 hour drive each way, so i may be switching to the lhs o'donnel brand as i hear good things about the fuel. can i add acouple drops of food coloring the the gas so i can see it?

All my brother and I use in our cars is 20% Byron's race fuel. We originally started with Monster HP, switched to Odonnel's, back to Monster then when we started to race competatively, we went to Byron's and haven't looked back ever since.

I use Trinity Monster Brew 20% nitro 16% oil. I noticed allot of you don't use this fuel. Is there any negative effect’s from this near black fuel? I use this fuel for 2 reasons. 1 My LHS gave me a bottle for free when I bought my savage, and 2 I can see how much fuel is in my tank from 20 feet away.