New upgades to my AX10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those claws are gonna help you a bunch man!!!

Lookin good man. With the right setup, you will be able to out crawl a lot of these guys that are running aftermarket chassis'. I know I was REALLY surprised as I was testing the dual triangulation skid plate during the design phase at just how much it improved the handling of the rig. When properly dialed in with the right parts (like the dual triangulation skid plate, suspension, etc...) that will be a hell of a rig, able to compete with anything that has a driveshaft.

I would DEFINITELY go with the Castle stuff over the rooster. The Castle stuff is completely programmable, and will handle 3S or 4S if pushed. The Novak stuff will smoke down under high voltage, isn't nearly as water resistant, and isn't programmable. Keep in mind I was a Novak guy with two Goat systems and I've talked several people into getting started with the Rooster setup because of the cost. But if I was going to spend the money, I would go with the Castle everytime. If you don't have a Castle Link Programmer, go with the Mamba Max. The sidewinder is around $74.99 and the programmer is about $21.95. For just a few bucks more, you can get the mamba max which is made of much better components internally, will handle more voltage, and has a built in USB port so no programming kit is required.

Last edited:
yes the mamba max is awesome very easy to program also

Thanks for the imput guys, I guess CC here I come, so I will be needing some programing help from the CC guys here, but that will have to wait till tax time, I have the EEM dual triangulation skid plate coming for Christmas along with a couple other little things...and I have a Dig set up in the works....

Let me know what else you might need, I'm getting ready to get rid of TONS of extra crawler parts that I've picked up here and there along the way, to make room for the new stuff thats been piling up while I was sick.

Let me know what else you might need, I'm getting ready to get rid of TONS of extra crawler parts that I've picked up here and there along the way, to make room for the new stuff thats been piling up while I was sick.

LET ME KNOW what you have I might pick up a lot from you. :)

Gonna be building up a Losi 1/8th next year so let me know if you have any ideas and/or parts that you suggest for the build? Motor, servo, etc...

Gonna be building up a Losi 1/8th next year so let me know if you have any ideas and/or parts that you suggest for the build? Motor, servo, etc...

lrp .28 spec 3. All I'm saying.......

Take that nitro crap somewhere else buddy, its certainly not welcome here :hehe:

Hey! Hey! Hey! your derailing my thread, but sence were on what things I might need, do you have any Losi Crawler shocks? and we already talked about the other thing I need so thats takien care of, I could also use some aluminum Knuckles, c carriers, rear lock outs...

charlie i need a dna dig pm me lol and bent derlin lower links

Back