new trudk for 9 year old

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxtrac

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My 9 year old has decided he wants a stadium truck for his birthday. I was very glad to hear it. I want to get him involved in the hobby. Maybe if i can keep him intereste in rc I can keep him out of trouble when he gets older. Any way i was wondering witch truck you guys would suggest for him. I want to get a kit so he can build it himself that way when it breaks he can fix it himself. Haven't decided on a price range yet, but i would like to keep it under 200 bucks for the truck itself I have radio and a couple of batteries already so all we need is the truck and a charger.

RTR team Associated T3 Statium truck, A real good truck, thats tough and totally upgradable ;)

I say either the Associated T3 or the Losi XXX-T. Both are competition grade trucks. Very upgradeable. And are so far the standard in competition..

i'd say a losi, very easy to get to the diff:classic:

Thanks guys. I am kind of leaning toward the losi. I have an adam drake already for myself.Do any of you know if the suspension parts are interchangeable between the drake and the xxxt?

i know for a fact that the front arms are. rears are not.front shocktower maybe.

Back