new to the Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulangelo

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
To be totally honest, I am really new to Nitro in general. I have a Schumacher XTR that I got last month and ran a few times. Got the bug so bad I just picked up this from the e auction site 5935786299. just wondering what you guys thought and what I should do with it over the winter.

Here is a link to the auction.

Looks like a sweet truck with plenty of hop-ups. If you are feeling ambitious, you could break it down and inspect everything to make sure it is ready to go. You should at least make sure no screws are loose and use blue loktite on all screws threading into alum. Otherwise it looks on the surface to be ready for some fuel to fire her up.

cool, on some other sites I subscribe too you cannot post links to ebay. and seeing how I have all winter to check it out... it will be getting a through going over. Then in the spring, looks like it needs to get broken in like a New Nitro!!

Hey hows it going? I too just bought my first nitro/T-maxx they are so much fun!! I did like rob mob said and completley took mine apart and cleaned and double checked everything I also bought mine on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5931488230&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I've only had mine for a short time and already have added so many upgrades that it going to look like a show truck soon lol the bug had gotten to me also :) . I'm still learning alot about my truck and this site is the place to learn!!! people here are very helpfull even if you think its a dumb question no one will give you a hard time and I'm sure I've asked many hehe!!! Good luck with your truck and have lots of fun with it!!!

This is what my truck looks like now, I'm going to be changing the body soon and adding a custom paint job to it with my airbrush. I've already added aluminum bumpers, shock tower, a-arms and even the rims are aluminum doesn't make it faster but looks cool :) I've also added a cold air intake and a high performance aluminum head.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7166&sort=1&cat=510&page=1

New to Maxx as well

I just thought I'd post my first message on the forum, and this seemed like the place to do it.

I just bought a new T-Maxx, and it's in the mail. I caught the bug so bad I have already started buying hop-ups for it. I started with a couple necessities, first being a fuel filter, and second an air filter. I noticed the air filter I got is supposed to be a Motor Saver, but it doesn't have a screen or cap, just foam. Is this still good? I've already gone out and purchased a Glow plug ignitor, charger, battery, after run oil, filter oil, fuel, and a hex wrench. Anything else I need? Any of these I don't need? I can't wait for my truck to arrive.

I was planning on breaking it in regardless of weather, but after reading about the importance of engine temperature, I think I'll wait till it warms up a bit. I live at an elevation of 1100m above sea level, what's the lowest the temperature should be for break in? I'd like any suggestions anyone has. Thanks, I'm so excited about this!

Just some addvice maxxmaster, do not drop a big block in the truck.(with the exception of the picco .21 and the sirio .23 that are direct drop ins.) You mostlikely will be chasing weak links to enable your truck to handle that kind of power. Another suggestion, get rid of the stock A arms and replace them with RPM A arms. The RPM arms are MUCH stronger than the stock arms. Other than that you should have alot of fun with your tmaxx.