New to Rc boat need pro advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkbyte

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What’s happening lol
Need a little pro help since I’m new to the Rc boat world. I received this boat from my dad and was wondering how to improve it.

2FE18A8B-58F7-439E-92AF-F2C4626111A4.jpeg

I think after research it’s a great planes wildcat boat with twin 550 brushed motors.

I would like to restore it since it was my dads and would like to know the best parts to put in this. So figured go to the pros. Lol

Right now I have a list of the following but haven’t purchased them. Would like opinions

Hobbywing 880 esc

PlugVenom 7.2V 3000mAh 6-Cell NiMH Battery with Universal Plug

Surpass Hobby Waterproof 5-Slot 550 Brushed Motor 12T

S erounder 36MM Water Cooling Jacket for Motor Vehicle,Alloy Heat Dissipation

Please let know what you guys think and if there would be a better solution

Attachments

• DF99F593-6DDE-4E9E-A3D1-B76A65E8EA33.jpeg
    DF99F593-6DDE-4E9E-A3D1-B76A65E8EA33.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 83
  • A5D3CF7A-8D84-482B-95C9-7487D2783D48.jpeg
    A5D3CF7A-8D84-482B-95C9-7487D2783D48.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 83
Thank you for your help
Do you think it would be worth swapping everything out and new charger?

Thank you for your help
Do you think it would be worth swapping everything out and new charger?
You will get better performance and battery life out of a brushless setup and LiPo batteries. Brushed motors that run at speeds just weren't made to last. Brushes wear out and need replaced. Back in the day, that is all that was available. Since brushless has become what it is now, the only thing I would ever run a brushed motor in is a crawler, and even those it's too easy to find a nice brushless setup that will perform as good or better nowadays.

With a brushless system, Lipo is definitely the way to go as @WickedFog ,mentioned. So yes, a charger would have to be purchased to charge Lipo batteries but read up on them if that's what you choose.

Lol
Ok brushless sounds the way to go
Anyone know what motor would match the 550 or faster lol

Loose the packing balls go to either a marine foam or a canned blow in.go brushless many options .along with new flex shafts and some 5 blade stainless steel props.mew charger and a lipo counter turning brushless motor 1 that turn cw and the other ccw..theres a ton you can do to that boat to make it a speed machie..id do foam 1st not cool if boat canopy comes off and those balls go all over the water way

Lol
Ok brushless sounds the way to go
Anyone know what motor would match the 550 or faster lol
Thanks those balls are glued in tried removing one of them and it didn’t want to leave
Lol
Sounds like this boat is going to get expensive
Typical boat

I’ll start researching brushless but from I’ve seen so far it’s not an easy task to find a motor the same size as a 550 so I don’t have to replace mounts and shaft
Found this site
Are these motors that expensive?
https://www.hobbytown.com/brushless...cs-electronics-cars-trucks/c-xuhlqswq2zwwyeue

Last edited:
I dont have any info for you but I do like that paint job

are you still in life ? i have not hear from you in couple months
What’s happening lol
Need a little pro help since I’m new to the Rc boat world. I received this boat from my dad and was wondering how to improve it.

View attachment 139976

I think after research it’s a great planes wildcat boat with twin 550 brushed motors.

I would like to restore it since it was my dads and would like to know the best parts to put in this. So figured go to the pros. Lol

Right now I have a list of the following but haven’t purchased them. Would like opinions

Hobbywing 880 esc

PlugVenom 7.2V 3000mAh 6-Cell NiMH Battery with Universal Plug

Surpass Hobby Waterproof 5-Slot 550 Brushed Motor 12T

S erounder 36MM Water Cooling Jacket for Motor Vehicle,Alloy Heat Dissipation

Please let know what you guys think and if there would be a better solution

weight ?
lengd?
wide ?

in gram, and cm INTERNATIONAL please,
i can calculate out what you need.

also is it single or dual propeller now ?

Welcome and Id say brushless system also. At the end of the day anything will be fun in it.