New team losi 1/8scale buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got Nitro?

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i was browsing around on the losi site and seen that they just announced the new 1/8th buggy wich is premiring april 5th-9th at the Winter off-road championship,although i couldn't get picture i did find the press report,

Official Press Release:

"There has been a lot of speculation and rumors about Team Losi producing a 1/8 Scale off-road buggy. Well the rumors are true….. There is a new, yet to be named, nitro buggy coming and like most Team Losi designs it is quite different from the common chassis currently offered. Instead of taking the easy road of producing one of the two predominant chassis/suspension packages as has become the norm, the Losi design team did their homework and started with a clean sheet of paper. The new Team Losi 1/8 buggy uses the same innovative thinking, sophisticated technology, hi-tech materials and cutting edge design that has separated their racing chassis from the rest. This also marks the first American designed and produced 1/8 buggy ever offered to the world. A few of the unique and user friendly features include: a thick premium aircraft alloy chassis that has been machined for lightness, more centrally mounted motor, captured suspension and king pins, fully enclosed radio box and tray that is easily removed for cleaning, sealed diff housings, and an oversize fuel tank with constant fuel delivery. Handling has been optimized with a longer adjustable wheelbase, adjustable steering and suspension geometry, zero bump steer, and a narrower chassis profile for quicker response and better balance on rough surfaces. With the tooling already in progress and pre-production units due to hit the track soon we look to have production kits available mid to late summer.
"

I'm hoping to find pictures soon,losi make's some of the best models,and I've been waiting for a long time to see a losi 1/8th buggy,thoughts?

Thats cool I am in the market for a new buggy and so far I love my lst2.....:banana:

Wonder what Drake will drive, he's been running a Jammin' buggy.

I'm pretty sure he's gonna drive the new buggy,since it's debuin date is today,maybe he'll drive it.if not i dunno who else on the losi team that runs nitro.

Well there saying mid-late summer,but who knows,this is still kinda fresh for a date.

Yeah, I heard about it but YESSS PICS!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow, after seeing those pix, I don't think X-Ray or Mugen guys have anything to worry about. What a cheese-ball looking POS. Of course this in my opinion but you won't have to try and convince me into buying one!

Looks like a pretty weak layout to me... Plastic chassis braces???
Resembles an oversized MiniT...

Looks kinda wierd. It looks to me like it could a a fun, decent RTR buggy, but doesn't look like anything to make Xray/Kyosho/Mugen worried. Interesting how they layed out the drivetrain...

About the most interesting thing on the car is the way the center diff is layed out. Otherwise, it reminds me of a XX4. Probably just about as fragile as well.

Are there any reports of how it did in its' maiden race?

Can you say... PLASTIC SHOCK TOWERS?!?! I think they are inviting people to break their cars just like all the other losi's... I'm kinda dissapointed.

Everyone here speaks exactly what I was pondering as I saw the first pics.

Again this IS a prototype, but dang they need to do something about that plastic. I sure hope the final version is better, that just looks terrible. Also the layout is terrible looking.. again this is my opinion, but all these things are obvious.

-Caleb

Looks like I will still be going with the Hyper 7.....:nono:

My guess is the "plastic" everyone sees is actually molded graphite. Take a look at any pro kit on Team Losi's site, there is grey speckled plastic looking stuff, with the word "Graphite" stenciled on in white. They probably didn't bother to write it on a pre-production model.

Even if that is plastic, so are suspension arms on every buggy made right now. I don't break those very often (actually never on my 9.5). If it is graphite, I would guess molded graphite would be stronger than the laminated stuff we are all used to anyway. Kinda like solid wood is stronger than plywood.

I have seen everyone hating on this buggy since the pictures came out. But its time for a reality check. This is Losi's first and only offering in 20 years for the 1/8th market. They hold championships with every type of car they have ever created for off road (except maybe the LST, I don't know anything about monster trucks). I don't think they are going to step into the F1 class of R/C without doing their homework. My money is that you will see these on top the podium at most major races soon. Just like their other products.

Hasn't anyone noticed, that the engine sits allot closer to the middle of the car. Also the diffs sit really low. I wouldn't be surprised if it had great handling capabilities.

Doesn't even look 1/8th size...

No thanks, thats got "BREAK ME PLEASE" written all over it.

^^^^Here, here! It looks like everything is jammed into it and all that plastic, especially shock towers!

Back