NEW Spektrum DX6C Radio and Receiver w/ DSMR and AVC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But is it worth it if they didn't change anything?
If you use spektrum, and absolutely need another channel, sure go for it.
But if you don't use many channels, and don't have many spektrum receivers and electronics,
id just forget about the spektrum and jump up to the NB4 from flysky. Its more updated and modern with a color and touch screen. rechargeable battery pack and battery bank. Might feel more quality too. 🤷‍♂️, but only has 4 channels. More bang for your buck kind of radio? To me it is, but to others that might only use spektrum and need more channels, maybe not.

Might honestly try to sell my RC8X, as its been 5+ months and they haven't fixed the issues yet. Might upgrade to the NB4.

Last edited:
I didn't read or watch the video so I couldn't comment on it but having a 6 channel transmitter is a over kill for me.

When I run my crawlers, I don't worry about a working winch, lights, sounds or any of that extra stuff available now days so
I am fine with a cheap transmitter.

I went with my DX5c because I wanted to run most to my rigs with one transmitter, which honestly turned out to be a mistake.
When the Grandkids come over I needed multiple transmitters.

I went with my DX5c because I wanted to run most to my rigs with one transmitter, which honestly turned out to be a mistake.
When the Grandkids come over I needed multiple transmitters.
That's the problem running multiple RC's. You always want to run two that use the same Tx.

That's the problem running multiple RC's. You always want to run two that use the same Tx.
Definitely a dumb move but I bought a couple Flysky GT3B and work great so that was doable.

Still using my DX4C. It meets my needs.

Term "Functionality" pops up continually in the vid. Not sure what that means and why it would force a change on my part.

Did notice the DX6C labeling includes the "Smart" logo/sticker over the DX5C. Curious if there is more telemetry availability in the 6C? That might pique my interest a bit. Vid didn't expand on that other than to scroll the screen to show it is there. . . At some point, I'd like to give the Spektrum telemetry receiver a go. But that in turn requires commitment to the entire Spektrum suite, e.g. Batt, ESC, Rcvr. Not ready to do that. It's almost like being sponsored in that it limits one ability to mix and match components. Wait out for now.

Back