New Revo Owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white97z28

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I just won an auction on Ebay for a 3.3 REVO, got it for a GREAT price. Hope to see it sometime next week. Can't wait to get it so I can tear it down and go through it. Guess I will be spending all my free time going through the whole REVO forum!:first_place::first_place:

Nice....I just got a chassis like 1 week ago for a revo....i painted it orange as i am building it to be a on road revo ONLY....i just dont want to beak a $50 part on it off-road....just ordered like $300 worth of parts from amainhobbies.com...they have everything....hope to start building soon...go to the video forum and look for custom traxxas revo and watch my 3 vids of the process so far....

Nice....I just got a chassis like 1 week ago for a revo....i painted it orange as i am building it to be a on road revo ONLY....i just dont want to beak a $50 part on it off-road....just ordered like $300 worth of parts from amainhobbies.com...they have everything....hope to start building soon...go to the video forum and look for custom traxxas revo and watch my 3 vids of the process so far....

I am working on the same thing actually, i am calling it project street fighter, its a 3.3 or a 2.5 revo (haven't decided yet) with lowered suspension and the shocks tubed to lower it more, white proline wabash wheels with proline road rage tires, 50 wt shock oil on all 4 corners, picco .26 jl red dot powerplant, 17T CB, 36T SG, and proline slipstream body to finish it all off

can't wait for you to get that thing so we can bash together. Maybe you will stop breaking my stuff now... :)

Naw, there is a good chance I will run into your stuff and break it...:p

It sound nice....Ima get the pro-line road rage's also for mine ....dunno wat wheels yet though....wat do u mean by havent decided yet on a 3.3 or 2.5.....I'm new so its probably a stupid question...srry

i bought a set of street tires and wheels and the damm things are HUGE! we'll see how mine turns out - just added the 2nd steering servo back in to turn those monsters...

It sound nice....Ima get the pro-line road rage's also for mine ....dunno wat wheels yet though....wat do u mean by havent decided yet on a 3.3 or 2.5.....I'm new so its probably a stupid question...srry

Chassis, i have a 3.3 already put together and i have a bare 2.5 chassis i just can't decide if i want a short wheelbase on road or a long wheel base thats all

yea mines the 2.5r so its only a lil bit shorter so i dont care right now but when it bends ill get a 3.3 vantage carbon fiber....so thats just for now...it was only 25

Well it was on the door step yesterday when I got home from work!! Was in pretty good shape, I tore a lot of it down today and replaced A-arms on all 4 corners with RPM versions. Added the red aluminum pushrods on all 4 corners, added P1 rockers as it had only come with the LT style. Also have a set of P2's I purchased just in case I want to change it up. Changed out the front toe rods to the red aluminum version as well, the LHS only had one set so its the only reason I didn't change out all 4. Engine seems to be in good shape, working on getting it running and staying running. Got it set back to factory presets and changed out the glow plug, seems to be alot better. Having trouble with it dying out when I come to a abrupt stop, so I'm going to check the idle screw tomorrow. Wish I could take some pictures but my wife has the camera with her in Texas for the weekend. I will get some asap though....

Congrats white!! I would suggest taking off the air filter and watching what your carb does. Make shure that your idle gap is set and that the carb slide rest against your idle screw.. Also make sure that your slide does not close all the way when you aply the brake..

When your looking at the slide inside the carb you should have a gap about the thickness of a credit card or just big enought to stick a straightend paper clip in. work you throttle and brake a few times and make sure the slide fully opens. Once you let off the throttle your slide should come to rest on the idle screw. Check this by pushing on your LSN and make sure the slide does not close any further. You will want to seal that motor up really well also when you can.

Congrats white!! I would suggest taking off the air filter and watching what your carb does. Make shure that your idle gap is set and that the carb slide rest against your idle screw.. Also make sure that your slide does not close all the way when you aply the brake..

When your looking at the slide inside the carb you should have a gap about the thickness of a credit card or just big enought to stick a straightend paper clip in. work you throttle and brake a few times and make sure the slide fully opens. Once you let off the throttle your slide should come to rest on the idle screw. Check this by pushing on your LSN and make sure the slide does not close any further. You will want to seal that motor up really well also when you can.

:goodpost:
Listen to this guy he knows what hes talking about

Well ended up not getting it to idle right no matter what I did to the idle screw or LSN.... So I ended up tearing the motor down and resealing it. Reset the screws to factory settings, set the idle screw and it fired right up and was idling perfectly. Ran it around the yard and started to get it tuned in when the throttle servo went out...:)

So I will be visiting the LHS AGAIN to pick up a new one. They must really be starting to like me over there...

Well ended up not getting it to idle right no matter what I did to the idle screw or LSN.... So I ended up tearing the motor down and resealing it. Reset the screws to factory settings, set the idle screw and it fired right up and was idling perfectly. Ran it around the yard and started to get it tuned in when the throttle servo went out...:)

So I will be visiting the LHS AGAIN to pick up a new one. They must really be starting to like me over there...

LOL. . .yeah cuz ur giving them money. . .hehe. . .

sweet white, congrats. I just got back into my revo a few weeks ago after a 6 month stint. This is a fun hobby and I hope you enjoy your revo as much as I have mine!

i picked up 4 brand new road rash tires for under $20 on ebay, and a set of axial 8 spoke beadlocks. they looked cool in the pix, i can't wait to see what they look like on my truck.

Last edited:
So I ended up tearing the motor down and resealing it.

I have owned many Traxxas engines and IMO properly sealing them is the key to a good running long lasting TRX engine...Good work! I know a lot of people don't like them because they are loud but if you really want to wake up that 3.3, put a Trinity pipe on it and hold on! I ran the THS and Resonator and neither one performed like the Trinity IMO.

Trinity pipe for REVO

Can anybody give me the part # for the trinity pipe for the Revo 3.3?:\

Thank you,
Ed
S&E Motorsports
S&E Raceway

Trinity pipe

Thank you for the part #

Ed
S&E Motorsports
S&E Raceway

Back