New release: Traxxas Ford® F-150® Raptor R™ 4X4 from Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F.R.S. Ninja_007

RCTalk Addict
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
I just checked my email and found this: the newest and perhaps coolest addition to their SC lineup, the Ford Raptor R with an extended wheelbase, bigger BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires, clipless mounting, LED lights in the bumpers, fixed gear adapters(?) and extreme HD upgrade kit. It will be available by Aug. 4 in red, blue and at Traxxas exclusive stores in black until Nov. 1 when it’ll be available anywhere. https://traxxas.com/products/landing/raptor-r/

Attachments

• NEW 60+MPH Ford Raptor R from Traxxas.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
The only thing tho it is 550 bucks.
Your paying for the body, junk VXL system, longer chassis, and heavy duty suspension parts.

The only issues with this is the body likes to crack in some areas, and the motor/ESC overheats (on 3s, stock gearing) it would be super nice if Traxxas adds a motor heatsink and fan to it from the factory, but it's Traxxas and they won't do it.
Wanna delete yours?
Let me do that. Lol.
I linked MSMs review on it.

The only thing tho it is 550 bucks.
Your paying for the body, junk VXL system, longer chassis, and heavy duty suspension parts.

The only issues with this is the body likes to crack in some areas, and the motor/ESC overheats (on 3s, stock gearing) it would be super nice if Traxxas adds a motor heatsink and fan to it from the factory, but it's Traxxas and they won't do it.

Let me do that. Lol.
I linked MSMs review on it.
Now I want to convert my Sl4sh Ultimate into this but It’ll require alot of work

For that price they can keep it... or at least add some aluminum shocks and a few other upgrades that you are going to have to buy anyways.

For that price they can keep it... or at least add some aluminum shocks and a few other upgrades that you are going to have to buy anyways.
I think they should add GTR shocks; the Revo and related have plastic GTR shocks stock; even the 1/16.
Yea, try to make it like the slash ultimate.
At least it has the Extreme HD upgrade kit, but otherwise no durability upgrades. Plus, this new chassis has yet to be proven

At least it has the Extreme HD upgrade kit, but otherwise no durability upgrades. Plus, this new chassis has yet to be proven
True. The HD kit might be durable? The front and rear hubs looks huge big and bulky.
And true. New longer HCG chassis. Wonder why they didn't go with the LCG chassis to start with?

Traxxas price drops after so much time.
I think I’ll drop to $500 eventually. Bro what if RPM made a roof rack that functioned as a body skid rail?
True. The HD kit might be durable? The front and rear hubs looks huge big and bulky.
And true. New longer HCG chassis. Wonder why they didn't go with the LCG chassis to start with?
The LCG chassis is too wide and short, it’d end up looking short and too wide. Look at pics of the 2WD Raptor Slash.

I think I’ll drop to $500 eventually. Bro what if RPM made a roof rack that functioned as a body skid rail?

The LCG chassis is too wide and short, it’d end up looking short and too wide. Look at pics of the 2WD Raptor Slash.
You just gave them the $250,000 idea. 🤣 in the day of 3d printers I'm sure if they don't you can do your own.

I think they should add GTR shocks; the Revo and related have plastic GTR shocks stock; even the 1/16.

It also should come with the center diff instead of the slipper.

Yes! I hope the Sl4sh center diff will fit, if only they designed it more like the UDR with a solid rear axle.

Why wouldn't it fit? It is just a slightly longer Slash 4x4. The chassis and the center driveshaft are really the only main parts that are different from a Slash 4x4 with the Extreme Duty kit installed.

Back